Food and recipes

Mel's monte cristo

I have been requested to post the recipe for something I made recently and I'm happy to oblige.

Ingredients

1 can of uncooked crescent roll dough (8 count)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons of honey (can be replaced with honey butter, I used a package with cinnamon and brown sugar)
6 slices of turkey sandwich meat
6 slices of ham sandwich meat (honey ham is the best in my opinion)
6 slices of cheese of choice (I used swiss)
Raspberry jam/preserves of choice

So, first will want to melt your butter and mix it with the honey. If you are using honey butter, then just let it soften.

Unroll the crescent dough and put two of the triangles together into one square sheet. Do this for all 8 triangles (4 squares) and lay them on a prepared cookie sheet (tin foil and pam spray works well)

Spread your honey butter generously across all 4 squares.

You will cook these at 375 for about 6-7 minutes. Enough to let them get a little crispy but not TOO cooked. Let them cool down for a few minutes to avoid burning your fingers.

Put your turkey meat on one of the squares and top with 3 slices of cheese. Place another of the squares on top of that and add your ham and top with the other half of your cheese. Place another square on top of that and top with all the raspberry you desire.

Pop this back into the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown. Make sure to keep watch to make sure it doesn't burn.

Let sit for about 5 minutes to let cheese settle and avoid burning your fingers.

Yield is 1 sandwich.

Warning: This sandwich is MESSY! Make sure you have plenty of napkins or wet wipes handy!
5 years