fat experiences

anyone gain a lot unintentionally?2 months

Want any advice for weight loss?

Well what you should do is find an online TDEE calculator to see how many calories you need to maintain your weight. After that, determine what your desired rate of weight loss should be. It shouldn't be too steep or too small. Then take that rate in pounds/day and convert it into a caloric deficit.

Caloric Deficit=3500*rate

Now subtract that from your TDEE to get how many calories you should eat per day.

Calories=TDEE-3500*rate

As you lose weight, your TDEE will go down. If you keep eating the same amount of calories, your rate of loss will slow down. You shouldn't let this discourage you as it is to be expected. Make sure you eat enough protein so you don't lose muscle mass. Muscle mass increases your TDEE so you'll lose weight faster.

Exercise doesn't burn many calories itself so it's not great for weight loss. It can help with maintaining or increasing muscle mass though.

You should make sure you're getting all the vitamins and nutrients your body needs to say healthy. I hope this helps. Good luck.

i gained a lot over time since roughly 2009 or so. had a few feedee gf's along the way. ate what they ate... and got super lazy. over time i went from 185 to a whopping 320ish now... mixed feelings for sure haha

I was trying to gain back in 2015 because I was in double digits, but after a year and a half I found myself forty pounds heavier rather than ten. I went down and am now back up. I know Iím not heavy, but this is the most Iíve ever weighed, and I canít seem to stop putting on another pound or so every few months. From Uber lean to having soft fat and squish all over me is really a challenge. It feels out of control.

I went from a pretty muscular toned guy to a noticeably chubby guy in the past year and a half from my previous high weight I lost 30lbs for surgery and dealing with complications that have left me unable to workout I gained about 40 pounds unintentionally, then about 10 by putting effort into gaining because I like having a soft belly and just felling bigger and no another 12 by just living not putting any effort into anything.
I enjoy a lot of aspects about the change though I wish I could build back a lot of the muscle mass that I've lost, but hopefully that will happen in a couple months, but I still struggle especially buying clothes. I've never had to get clothes this big and find myself embarrassed by it as well as not being able to hide my stomach anymore. It's also odd because I've run into people and just feel weird knowing I look different or talking with my surgeon, more along the lines of I guess we've both been enjoying the holidays type stuff, it's really an odd mix of embarrassment and confidence. I'm shooting to stay within 10 pounds of where I'm at right now until I can start lifting again.

tleo1995:
I went from a pretty muscular toned guy to a noticeably chubby guy in the past year and a half from my previous high weight I lost 30lbs for surgery and dealing with complications that have left me unable to workout I gained about 40 pounds unintentionally, then about 10 by putting effort into gaining because I like having a soft belly and just felling bigger and no another 12 by just living not putting any effort into anything.
I enjoy a lot of aspects about the change though I wish I could build back a lot of the muscle mass that I've lost, but hopefully that will happen in a couple months, but I still struggle especially buying clothes. I've never had to get clothes this big and find myself embarrassed by it as well as not being able to hide my stomach anymore. It's also odd because I've run into people and just feel weird knowing I look different or talking with my surgeon, more along the lines of I guess we've both been enjoying the holidays type stuff, it's really an odd mix of embarrassment and confidence. I'm shooting to stay within 10 pounds of where I'm at right now until I can start lifting again.

Not being able to hide the stomach; I relate. Not even able to suck it in to completely flat anymore.

I feel weird talking to people at the gym; so many of them ask after my well being in this upsettingly concerned way. Like, I had already gained the weight but I was still exercising as hard as I could, and Iím just straight up not doing that now.

But itís hard for me to understand how being on the receiving end of that ...condescension is a turn on for people. I know shame is weird. Idk.

I understand what you are talking about when you feel shame on others health concerns. I have been there and found that the best way for me at least was to do some weight lifting and build muscle. Being a strong fat guy gives you a great deal of presense, what some call 'Gravitas', makes sense because you are pulling more gavity. Anyway when you are stronger and have mass behind you people will not be so quick to condesend. As a matter you will need to be the one to make sure you don't condesend to smaller weaker people, and don't kid your self when you are bigger all around it can hapen.

I've accidentally gained 112 lbs over the past 7 years, just by changing jobs - I used to walk for an hour and a half each way to get to and from work, and now I only have to walk 10 minutes each way. A fair bit of that is muscle though, as I now carry furniture around a warehouse all day, so I've gone from being slim and fit but weak to chubby and very strong (and still pretty fit).

Trying to lose some weight at the moment (which is incredibly hard when you've never had to watch what you eat before!) because my husband prefers a more athletic physique. He's gone from skinny to fat for me so it's only fair - and I don't have any preference as to how my body looks, I feel exactly the same now as I did 100lbs ago. Exercising more is fine, I enjoy it, but eating less when the house is always full of delicious fattening food for my feedee is difficult!

Also, it feels really weird to love fat so much and be trying to lose it! Even though I've never had any pleasure from being fat myself, I don't dislike it either - just have no feelings either way about it. Am spurring myself on with the thought of sexy contrast photos with my fat, out of shape man 😁

darrin:
I understand what you are talking about when you feel shame on others health concerns. I have been there and found that the best way for me at least was to do some weight lifting and build muscle. Being a strong fat guy gives you a great deal of presense, what some call 'Gravitas', makes sense because you are pulling more gavity. Anyway when you are stronger and have mass behind you people will not be so quick to condesend. As a matter you will need to be the one to make sure you don't condesend to smaller weaker people, and don't kid your self when you are bigger all around it can hapen.

Thanks for your encouraging response. I didn't think about smaller, weaker people before.

anyone gain a lot unintentionally?1 month

More of a witness to this but a coworker of mine at a pizza place blew up pretty big. She was there maybe just over a year and in that whole time she would always get any no shows or returns we couldn't sell off to other customers. We'd typically hold thoese for about 2 hours knocking more off the price every 30 minutes, if people didn't mind slightly cold food (we'd throw it back in the oven for a few minutes if asked) you could get some seriously good deals (as an example, we had like 3 no shows, all together would of been like $140 between all the pizza, wings, subs and salads for them, got it for $40)

Anyway back on subject, shed always take the no shows or ask for something before leaving. Started off small, some French fries, a sub, a slice or two, but it wasn't long till she was taking full pizzas and so on.

Figured she was sharing it with her friends or something, but one of the drivers asked her once and she said something like "Oh I take it home for later" or something to that effect. So I think she was relying on our no shows so as not to have a huge grocery bill (why pay $100-200 for a weeks worth of food, when you can get it for like $40-50)

No idea what she weighed before or after but by the time she left she was certainly round, eventually she left for greener pastures, we wished her luck on her new job and that was that.

Till about January of last year, had a day off and was running some errands for my mom, was heading to her old office and dropping off her yearly fudge drop (she typically makes it every Christmas, but life stuff prevented a pre Christmas delivery) made rounds around the office, dropped it off, and was heading out when a familiar voice asked my name, I said yep. Turned out it was my old coworker damn near unrecognizable with how much more weight she'd put on (also she was wearing business attire, and glasses so that alone probably would of thrown me off) caught up briefly and turned out she was working the same floor and building as my mom, chatted a bit before having to leave, but told her it was nice running into her.

Honestly been trying to find another excuse to head up there, but my own situation has prevented it so far, if only just to see.
1 page 1 of 2   loading