Feedback and suggestions

New chat

I concur with Saphiel Sir's observations as above, with the addition that I could log into the chat with multiple devices (e.g. PC & Android browser "Ghostery"smiley with both chat windows having differing settings simultaneously. For example, my PC had scrolling disabled in General chat, but on my Android phone, General chat had scrolling enabled.
I notice that we are no longer able to direct messages users (who haven't previously messaged) without activating a private chat, even when they're entered in a chatroom. For example, clicking a user on the side-bar in the chat room has no effect.
5 years

New chat

Further to my previous message, the user count for each chatroom also appears incorrect. I have screenshots with the groups tab stating 25 users, for the general chat, but inside the general chat, only 12 users exist in the side-bar.[img]https://ufile.io/nakfz[/img][img]https://ufile.io/d5i6i[/img]
5 years

New chat

MotoBelly:
Ditto!

I see the same screen as MotoBelly's, blank with 0 users. I used the main menu bar at the top of the FF main page.

Is there another link to another chat?
5 years

New chat

I just checked chat yet again and still seeing the same thing a blank white screen and 0 users.
5 years

New chat

I had the chat open in an inactive browser window. I returned back after, say, 15 minutes to re-join the chat window, which immediately did the "refresh" the chatroom thing. I may have not been the cause, however, is there an issue with the timeout settings, cookies, for users returning back to the chat? Just another avenue to review I guess. I hope our feedback helps in resolving the outstanding issues with the new chat. I believe it will be great once these kinks are ironed out.
5 years

New chat

so its weird that i'm able to log into chat from my cellphone and it works but doesn't work when i log in on my laptop
5 years

New chat

seriously it would be better to reinstate the old chat until these bugs are worked out.
Today it works on my pc but not on my other devices, yesterday it worked on nothing at all and the day before it only worked on my phone.
5 years

New chat

If a value greater than 0 is entered into the chat and enter is pressed, the chat appears to re-set itself.
5 years

New chat

GoWithTheGrow:
If a value greater than 0 is entered into the chat and enter is pressed, the chat appears to re-set itself.

This bug should now be fixed. I'll hopefully be working through the others this week.
5 years

New chat

I have a general tendancy to dislike change but these are my boggles:

- I really miss the private chat tabs. Whatever you were looking at it was always there to alert you to a new message. Now you have to click a tab to find out who is even talking to you. This is not as user friendly and it must be worse for females as their 'users' tab must be filled with green boxes.

- when I was chatting to someone in private you could click on the old 'users' tab so that the general activity alert noise didn't sound when I was browsing in a different browser tab. That noise is incessant and now inescapable. It used to also quite cleverly still send that noise if you had a new chat or private massage which was a helpful audio cue to check back to chat.

- Also Squish is right there's no way to check someone's profile from chat. I had to open a new FF tab to search user.
5 years
12345   loading