General

Should i rekindle things with my ex

So after an extremely dismal valentine's day which long story short, I had to change my plans several times before we even met up that night before changing them one last time after meeting. (Anyone interested I'll go give more insight)
Anyway we ended things pretty well and told her that I rather be friends then her boyfriend. After that things were pretty Silent between us until last last Thursday we started talking again simple stuff hows work, life, ect. Until about Wednesday to now.
Started off as simple conversation, but soon she started getting flirty, hell maybe flirty-er then when we were together. And while I'll admit she has made some very, very tempting offers, I almost feel like I'm falling into a trap at times, or that if she genuinely wants to rekindle things how long till things end up like they were that made me want to split from here.

Also it was more then a bad valentine's day, if anything valentine's day was just the last straw. I was tired of making plans, only to find out at the 11th hour said plans were pointless. Or her berating me that "we never do anything " only to counter with "well why do you always agree to go help (insert mom,dad, friends with incredibly easy task they can handle on thier own) " or "why dont you ever tell me what days your off work " (my schedule is in stone, hers is not) hell there were at least 3 instances where I was off work, had sent a few simple text throughout the day (good morning, day going alright) until she called me like 9pm and was upset I didn't take her anywhere or come over. Which I can't if you dont tell me your off work.

Anyway just some mixed emotions, and sorry for the rambling state of this.
5 years

I would suggest not, mostly due to my own experiences.

I was in a relationship for 5 years once where we had broken up several times due to situations like your own. We kept getting back together unfortunately because we kept chatting with each other (thinking we could still be friends). At the end of it all I found out she was lying about a lot of things and she was trying to move on to other men with the plan of dumping me once she found one. I had wasted 5 years thinking I could make something work and kept making the mistake of going back and chatting with her. All the while ignoring why we broke up in the first place and not considering how it would affect the relationship again down the road.

I also have a friend in a similar boat right now. He kept breaking up with his high school sweetheart, but the second they started chatting, they would go back into a relationship. She "accidentally" got pregnant after their last breakup and now they're raising a kid together while still struggling to deal with their non-working relationship. He talks all the time about how miserable he is in the relationship, but the situation was made complicated by adding a kid.

Good luck with your situation though!
5 years

Yea, best to move on with your life. It rarely works the second time around. Been there, done that.
5 years

alabaster25:
I would suggest not, mostly due to my own experiences.

I was in a relationship for 5 years once where we had broken up several times due to situations like your own. We kept getting back together unfortunately because we kept chatting with each other (thinking we could still be friends). At the end of it all I found out she was lying about a lot of things and she was trying to move on to other men with the plan of dumping me once she found one. I had wasted 5 years thinking I could make something work and kept making the mistake of going back and chatting with her. All the while ignoring why we broke up in the first place and not considering how it would affect the relationship again down the road.

I also have a friend in a similar boat right now. He kept breaking up with his high school sweetheart, but the second they started chatting, they would go back into a relationship. She "accidentally" got pregnant after their last breakup and now they're raising a kid together while still struggling to deal with their non-working relationship. He talks all the time about how miserable he is in the relationship, but the situation was made complicated by adding a kid.

Good luck with your situation though!

Thanks, and that's what I plan to avoid, hell I'm thinking that's her plan now.
5 years

I actually had a GF for about 6 months who had EXACTLY the same type of behavior. I was going insane. We actually "broke up" and got back like a week later, but I had the same feeling of impending doom that I had "walked back into the trap".

Sure enough it was a terrible mistake, it didn't last much longer.

Naturally there are exceptions to every rule, as MissRH says. Nobody truly understands the nuances of the situation but you, so you have to make your own call. But this sounds an awful lot like a mistake I've made!!
5 years

Yeah it was a mistake waiting to happen it seems.
She drunk dialed me the other night, thought I was one of her other friends.
What she said honestly scared me, and I went ahead and blocked her on everything.
5 years

never:
I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing what did she say?

Basically to make it short. I'd be blessed with a little bastard in 9 months time.
5 years

Trying, or hell she might already be (she didn't say)
5 years

biggirlsok:
Trying, or hell she might already be (she didn't say)

becomingoverweight:
Shit, well that's pretty fucked up. I hope she isn't pregnant with any kid of yours.

Considering last time we actually had sex was last July, I highly doubt it.
5 years

biggirlsok:
Considering last time we actually had sex was last July, I highly doubt it.

becomingoverweight:
Oh well that's good. I'm guessing she said something about not using birth control and sabotaging condoms?

Nah, basically try and fulfill my every fantasy to the point my other head would take over.
5 years
12   loading