General

What do you all think of rising obesity rates?

In a way, it's a shame that obesity is becoming the 'norm', because I quite like people being different and unique.
This is why I have always been a FA, because huge women (and men), used to stand out, because they were not the norm.
Obviously the health issues are a concern, but the stress of modern life means almost everyone feels the need for some 'release', be it drinking, smoking, drugs, or even extreme exercise / body-building which is also not a healthy way to live (despite the common misconceptions : I know as I used to fit into this category).
Now I'm a gainer for the first time myself, aged almost 50, I think about mortality and life a lot more. My conclusion is, I'd rather die a happy 75 year old, than live to be a miserable 90 year old.
5 years

What do you all think of rising obesity rates?

I rather enjoy, and look forward to it.

It depends on the country's standards, but in the U.S. the CDC standard of a BMI of 30+, and a score of 30 seems to be only sort of plump. The formula is also strictly based on height and weight so some bodybuilders could be "obese" despite having little fat, the opposite of obese.

I rather love that retail stores have to feature plus size mannequins. That some brands of clothes have no choice but to offer larger sizes, and I only see this becoming more common, not less.

I loved when the NYC MTA decided that seats on new subway cars have to be a few inches wider.

I even like the idea of providing more personal space even to someone underweight, granting the same right that someone plump should have. I never see anyone try to force 3 into a bench or booth seat anymore, regardless of weight.

My future wife will mostly likely be unaware of feederism, or that I will secretly wish she will go for that extra slice of cheesecake, but pregnancy and middle age spread does have a way of adding pounds and weight that may be difficult to lose even if she wants to (so it will be up to me to try to convince her that she doesn't have to lose it for me).

I'm not too worried about health implications yet. It's a long way off from the day where finding anyone under 300 lbs will be rare and difficult.
5 years