Fat experiences

Wht was the first comment you heard about your weight gain?

I think it was sitting on the beach with my wife. She had always politely denied the fact that I was gaining weight. Finally though she had to acknowledge my (relatively) new fat roll pushing over the waistband of my bathing suit and said something along the lines of "yeah, I see what you mean...."
4 years

It wasn’t the first comment, but was the most memorable. I went to work one day and I was wearing a top that wasn’t tight but was form fitting. My manager goes on to say “OH MY GOD! You’ve gotten so chunky! We definitely need to work on that!” And proceeded to pinch my stomach. My other manager who was standing next to us started to yell at her that you can’t say that to people even if it’s true. I guess everyone noticed. It was a bitter sweet moment. smiley
4 years

robandbean:
It wasn�t the first comment, but was the most memorable. I went to work one day and I was wearing a top that wasn�t tight but was form fitting. My manager goes on to say �OH MY GOD! You�ve gotten so chunky! We definitely need to work on that!� And proceeded to pinch my stomach. My other manager who was standing next to us started to yell at her that you can�t say that to people even if it�s true. I guess everyone noticed. It was a bitter sweet moment. smiley

That was great how the other employee said “you can’t say that....EVEN IF IT IS TRUE”. Wow you must have been red in the face.

Who knows maybe your manager is a feeder and she meant “we need to work on that” as to we need to get your belly fatter?
4 years

Anyone not be recognized?

Happens all the time with my wife now. Even folks from a couple years ago, we'll run into them and they're a little confused at first "Do I know you? You look familiar."
4 years

So, I heard a comment from someone that I'll need a tent to be dressed for the pool or beach this summer. Which us getting to be true...
4 years

Funny:
The first time was on a train. We were traveling across midwest-america and one of the employees took me aside because I am skinny and I guess he needed to vent about all the fat people on the train.

I listened patiently, (I'm on a train. Where else can I go?), and then I must have come up with an excuse to leave and watched his jaw drop when I returned to my seat, arm wrapped around my now husband, the fattest man in the train car.

Darker side:
People usually don't say much. They look when we have to move a table because he doesn't fit in a booth, but that's about it. Being on a plane together is probably the last situation where some people feel they have a free license to be rude to someone just because of body size.
4 years

The denial responses are even better lol. When my wife had put on around 75lbs we had a party and she drunkenly asked three of her girlfriends huddled in the kitchen if they noticed her recent weight gain.

They looked her directly in the eyes and simultaneously said "Huh, NO. You look great!".
4 years

For a while it's only been my wife who has verbally noticed, with just a couple cute comments about my chub.

A couple weeks ago, one of my coworkers playfully punched me in the stomach though, and said something along the lines of "what's this? you're getting fat now too!"
4 years

I believe it was my nephew who I had not seen in a few years. When he saw me, he said "Gee, are you getting fat?"

Oh I love him so. I said "Yes, but don't tell anyone" and then he blabbed to everyone.
4 years

My mom said you better slow down eating so much every day your belly is quite massive and said should we get you some clothes since the dryers shrinking them lol and she’s been making so much more for dinner every night basically 2x as much as she used to and she barely eats most nights
2 years
123   loading