Fattening others

Wife worried about weightgain on nexaplanon implant

My gorgeous already fat (270lbs) wife has been told by her Doctor she can't have the shot birth control jab any more and has persuaded her to get the arm implant Nexaplanon in stead. When chatting the other night she had heard of some reports of women gaining a little weight while using this product.
Later that night I did my own bit of Net research and there's hundreds of forum posts about women gaining in some cases large amounts of weight quite quickly, some gaining 30 to 50lbs within 6 months and also it increases appetite massively. One claimed a 100lb weight gain. Apparently its due to a change in Hormonal balances where it tricks a women's body in to thinking its pregnant and causes her to gain weight like they do whilst pregnant
Well all I can do is enjoy the ride and let nature take its course, I certainly won't be complaining any time soon if she starts to gain as others have.
Can I ask if any others have any experience of anything similar happening to them selves or their S/others. Thanks
5 years

Its probably to with the fact it makes women insatiably hungry,
5 years

Hog:
Why take birth control if you’re married?

Maybe don't want kids?
4 years

I think this has gotten off topic a little. Aren't we supposed to talk about how fat people are sexy and beautiful?
4 years

FigureBySnacks:
It's up to them if they decide to have kids & how many. Birth control is ALSO prescribed for a number of female problems. You don't know the OP's life. Maybe they already have kids. Maybe they aren't in a financial place for them. Maybe they can't have them, but she needs BC for something else. You. Don't. Know.

Hog:
Birth Control in Women who become Pregnant does disastrous things to the child, introduces Pathogens and Carcinogens in the womb that messes with development of the fetus and causes childhood developmental issues later on.

Don’t see the benefit of it if you’re already married and you might have kids down the line. That’s my contention. I also don’t see the point of state institutionalized marriages if it doesn’t aid the society, in say a developed country in which the population is declining.

I know you're hungry but stop putting your foot in your mouth.
4 years

Y'all there's no way they're not a troll. Just report their profile and ignore.
4 years

Obviously this is a sensitive subject, however we have drifted off topic slightly.

Lets bring this discussion back on course about the weight gain effects birth control may or may not have.

Thanks all,

c00kie
4 years

Let's just abandon this folks. Hog is just stirring the pot for entertainment.
4 years