General

Fatism: the acceptable prejudice

Actually Layla said all that, so much more snappily as well. Ha.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8327753.stm
10 years

Fatism: the acceptable prejudice

Whilst I clearly agree with Foxglove and Layla, the issue is more than just weight. Nearly everyone who does show predjudice are bullies and it is that act of being a bully that should be seen as a hate crime and punished appropriately.

I exhaustively read the articles and some of the comments and one in particular came out as an example of extreem bullying, that of Sarah Lancaster, who was killed for being a goth.

Basically there is still too much predjudice of anyone who is a little bit different, or stands out. Also lets not forget there are laws against age descrimination, yet it happens all the time (too old for promotion, not the right age for a certain job market). It may not be seen openly, but it certainly happens behind closed doors in the workplace.

There are times that I dispair about society and until we live in a true meritocracy, injustice and bullying is always going to happen. Bullies are the bane of a meaningful society and if I had the power I would make them all drop dead.
10 years
12   loading