General

Advice

Hello I’m 18 here and I need some advice. So I feel like I’ve never really had any romantic feelings for a guy before. I mean I’ve definitely have found guys attractive but I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone I’ve wanted to be in a relationship with before. Is this normal? Like does this mean that i probably will never develop feelings like this for someone or Ann I overthinking? I have also never have been in a relationship? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks. I just don’t know if I am a late bloomer in terms of being in a relationship, or need to wait for the right person, or I’m simply incapable of developing romantic feelings for someone’s.
4 years

Advice

Sounds pretty normal to me!

I had a few friends in high school who never dated and stayed that way through college. They did eventually throw themselves out there after graduating. Their reluctance to start a relationship though stemmed from a desire to establish themselves first before bringing someone into their lives.

Whatever you want to do with your love life is more important than what others expect you to do with it. Even if you were in this same boat 10 years from now I feel you would be completely fine. The only reason to worry I feel would be if you set self goals for yourself, such as getting married or having kids at a certain age. But even then you could evaluate what you want for yourself and how to obtain it. At 18 I think you have a lot of time to decide and explore what you want for yourself. I don't feel you are a late bloomer at all at that age.
4 years

Advice

alabaster25:
Sounds pretty normal to me!

I had a few friends in high school who never dated and stayed that way through college. They did eventually throw themselves out there after graduating. Their reluctance to start a relationship though stemmed from a desire to establish themselves first before bringing someone into their lives.

Whatever you want to do with your love life is more important than what others expect you to do with it. Even if you were in this same boat 10 years from now I feel you would be completely fine. The only reason to worry I feel would be if you set self goals for yourself, such as getting married or having kids at a certain age. But even then you could evaluate what you want for yourself and how to obtain it. At 18 I think you have a lot of time to decide and explore what you want for yourself. I don't feel you are a late bloomer at all at that age.

Its not that I do not want a relationship now, I do but, I just feel like I might be incapable of developing those type of strong feelings for someone and this is scaring me.
4 years