Gaining

Heavy cream jsnt available where i live. any alternatives?

Is there an easy to find alternative to heavy cream? Or is there a way to make some at home? Would prefer buying it from a store but if theres a practical way of doing it at home im up for that too. Thanks in advance!

edit: it seems ive made a spelling error in the title. it is quite irritating to me but it also looks like ive got no way of editing that now :c
4 years

I did a quick web search and this is what I found

www.turkishliving.com/forums/general-cooking/50617-double-cream.html

I hope it helps!
4 years

MissPorker:

Oh wow i didnt know about that! I was told by someone else that they are not the same thing but i guess not. Thank you so much!
4 years

MissPorker:

Makashore:
Oh wow i didnt know about that! I was told by someone else that they are not the same thing but i guess not. Thank you so much!

They're not exactly the same thing, but are often used for similar purposes.

Actually, double cream has an even higher fat content, which could make it even harder to drink straight. But you'd probably want to mix it with something for flavor, or you can dilute it somewhat with some half and half.

In some ways I'm mildly jealous, since double cream seems to be a European thing. I'm not sure what folks use in India or East Asia, especially if you think about those heavy sauces that's characteristic of Indian food.
4 years