General

Help, would i qualify as asexual?

So I am physically attracted to guys and do get turned on by guys but I also don’t find male genitalia attractive. I also love physical intimacy but don’t understand sex sometimes like I find it gross but I also do think I have an interest but I’m not entirely sure. It’s just really hard to imagine me having sex because the thought of being that intimate with someone gives me a huge amount of anxiety and I just want to run away from the act. The act itself just seems gross to me. Like I get turned on by dudes with bellies as well and want to feel sexually fulfilled but sex terrifies me and seems gross too. I also love a big butt on a guy and I think I would could really well enjoy sex if the anxiety wasn’t there. Do you think it’s just my anxieties that are warping my belief into thinking I’m asexual?

Like will I enjoy sex once I have it! I am also a virgin and 18 if that means anything. What do you guys think? Not knowing the answer to this is really making me feel stressed and not trying to be rude to any asexual people but I really do not want to be asexual! Any input would be greatly appreciated!
4 years

Zelda64:
So I am physically attracted to guys and do get turned on by guys but I also don�t find male genitalia attractive. I also love physical intimacy but don�t understand sex sometimes like I find it gross but I also do think I have an interest but I�m not entirely sure. It�s just really hard to imagine me having sex because the thought of being that intimate with someone gives me a huge amount of anxiety and I just want to run away from the act. The act itself just seems gross to me. Like I get turned on by dudes with bellies as well and want to feel sexually fulfilled but sex terrifies me and seems gross too. I also love a big butt on a guy and I think I would could really well enjoy sex if the anxiety wasn�t there. Do you think it�s just my anxieties that are warping my belief into thinking I�m asexual?

Like will I enjoy sex once I have it! I am also a virgin and 18 if that means anything. What do you guys think? Not knowing the answer to this is really making me feel stressed and not trying to be rude to any asexual people but I really do not want to be asexual! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

quietfeedee:
It's not that there's any set boundaries for being 'asexual' it's more to be identified as what you identified with. It's all up to what you prefer and what you want to identify as. A lot of people get nervous when they haven't before. It sounds more like you need to find the person you would be comfortable with, instead of just jumping straight into it. It's all up to preference, and as much as many people can say you should embrace yourself as soon as you're legal, it's okay to give yourself time.
TLDR; If you aren't asexual, then don't be. Anxiety isn't what causes a different identifiable sexuality. Take your time and think it through before you do anything with anyone.
My pms are open if you need to chat as well, and wanna talk more about it.

I agree that anxiety doesn’t create or determine a sexuality but my anxiety I believe does prevent me mentally from being able to enjoy sex. When I think about being involved sexually I really do think I would feel pleasure if my anxiety wasn’t so bad but even thinking about being that intimate at times can send me into a mild panic attack. I also feel like I would get over the grossness when I’m actually having sex
4 years

Asexuality is a spectrum. There are some on the spectrum who are aesthetically and romantically attracted to people but not sexually (hetero/homoromantic), but there are also those who don't feel any sort of attraction to other (aromantic). I myself identify as a heteroromantic asexual, where I want the relationship and am attracted to people but the idea of sex is, for lack of a better word, lack luster in my life. However, I'm not opposed to one day having sex I just haven't found someone I've wanted to be that intimate with. I can't classify your sexuality for you, but I'd say try not to put as much pressure on sexual part of the relationship until you're ready to experiment.
4 years

CFV:
Asexuality is a spectrum. There are some on the spectrum who are aesthetically and romantically attracted to people but not sexually (hetero/homoromantic), but there are also those who don't feel any sort of attraction to other (aromantic). I myself identify as a heteroromantic asexual, where I want the relationship and am attracted to people but the idea of sex is, for lack of a better word, lack luster in my life. However, I'm not opposed to one day having sex I just haven't found someone I've wanted to be that intimate with. I can't classify your sexuality for you, but I'd say try not to put as much pressure on sexual part of the relationship until you're ready to experiment.

This.
4 years

CFV:

pluviophile:
This.

So I’m asexual?
4 years

CFV:

pluviophile:
This.

So I’m asexual?
4 years

Asexuality is a spectrum, and you could absolutely be part of that spectrum if that's how you choose to identify. Many people really don't want to have sex until they have an emotional or romantic connection with someone. Some people only sometimes experience sexual attraction. You're only 18, and people twice or three times your age still don't know if or where they fall on the asexuality spectrum.
Your anxiety around the acts of sex suggest to me that at the very least, it might be a good idea to talk through some of it with a trained and specialized therapist. If you are extremely anxious, it can make all sex painful. I'd suggest talking to a professional as a preventative matter before you try sex. If anything, a trained professional can help you work through some of your fears around it.
If you decide you're somewhere on the asexuality spectrum, that's fine! If you do for now and change your mind later, that's okay too. All sexuality can be fluid, including the spectrum of sexual attraction.
4 years