Fat experiences

Underestimating weight in photos and videos?

It seems to me that people look much fatter in person than in pictures or videos. In person, even a 300lbs woman seems enormous, while many women fatter than them, seem relatively thin in pictures. And I'm not talking about those who are shy and try to look thinner in photos. Even proud, deliberately gaining BBWs and SSBBWs don't look really that fat in pictures.

I wonder why...

Where I live there aren't many really obese people around, so I have never met a 600lbs SSBBW in person. Still, I find it strange that those SSBBW seem in videos to be only as large as those of half their weight I did happen to meet in person.

Are there others with similar experiences? Or, are there some who experienced the reversed effect, seeing someone fatter in pictures than in person?
4 years

Underestimating weight in photos and videos?

I think it's because pictures are two-dimensional. When you encounter a 300+ lbs person in real life, all of a sudden their body has not just height and width, but also depth. The addition of the third dimension feels like an addition in size. That make any sense?
4 years