Fattening others

How do you support fat people?

I'm curious what others are actively doing to support plus-sized people-wherever they are. Whether a partner or just a community member-

I'll share some of the things I try:

1. Hang out with fat people-a lot.

2. Date/have sex with a fat person. (Or many people. Maybe you're quite popular? :-P)

3. Be kind on transport. The fat person has as much right to be there as anyone else. Planes/buses can be cozy, but in tight seats, sometimes you can raise the armrests. Always be polite.

4. Stop dieting or don't participate in weight challenges at work.

5. Skinny people: Don't call yourself fat. Just don't.

6. Don't support before and after photos. It's fine to have goals, but, fat bodied people are not 'before' images. They have value. Fat bodies do not need to be 'worked on' or 'fixed.'

7. Speak up when benches, bathrooms, and other accessibility elements are missing from spaces. Politely bring it to the attention of businesses/councils when facilities are inadequate.

8. Eating out: If booth spaces are small, pick a table. If the tables have arms, don't sit there because big hips and bellies won't be comfortable.

9. No matter what you do with your body, somebody will be there to tell you it's wrong. Don't listen to them.

10. Level the field when you can. Pay discrimination is a real. Medical bias is a real. In many industries, especially if you are a manager, be fair or press for change.

I think more people would pursue their weight goals if they knew how much support and acceptance was out there. What do you do?
4 years

Hey, you can send me money!

That's how I support people. Just Pm me your Paypal details.
4 years

SahX:
How about just treating them like any human being, first? Not like some semi-recreational, dutybound militant exercise...

Is your whole purpose in life to get triggered by others. Jesus Christ.
4 years

Old thread but oh well.

In supermarkets etc I like to give a fat woman a nice appreciative look. I like for her to feel sexy or wanted.

It's no emancipated to think so but I think it must be a good feeling, sometimes, for a woman if she notices she's appreciated, found beautiful or sexy. Not in a dirty man look kind of way, I get that, and not in a cat calling way but in a "I turn heads" kind of way.
4 years