General

Ten techniques for spotting fakes

Firebat,

terribly sorry: I didn't mean to mis-spell your name - I had read it incorrectly. I did not mean it as an insult. Whilst I did not agree with what you had written, I have nothing against you personally :-)
15 years

There is no guarantee that anyone is 100% real or 100% fake. I just chat with the realization that they could be fake but seem real, or could be real and seem fake.

Bob
15 years

One way of helping to tell reals from fakes would be to make the real/fake voting system a little more like the eBay feedback system, as I discuss here.
15 years

purple^sneakers wrote
VoluptuousBren wrote
The one big mistake phonies tend to make, at least the ones, I've experienced... irregular weight and body height. One fake I spoke with in the chat (and you're lucky IDK your name bucause I would so point you out there!) claimed to weigh 240 but "she" only happened to be 5'3. Serously? Who is that tall but that thick?! IMPOSSIBLE!

Hoped this post helped.smiley

I don't get it? Or maybe it's just too late at night for me.

What's wrong with 5'3" and 240lbs? I'm 5'4" and 220lbs.. I don't see that as odd? >.<

Thanks, hon. My sentiments exactly.

Dear Voluptuous Bren: I guess I'm impossibly thick, but I am indeed 5'2" and 245 lbs. And not only am I reasonably sure I'm not a fake, but I've met at least a dozen people from this site who probably think I'm unlikely to be fake, too.

Stick around, and you may even get to meet some even more impossibly thick people from here. We may be impossible, but we're kinda fun! smiley
14 years

Hi, Ardeth,

I'm sorry you hadda go through that, but I think you're quite right about the two clues.

If someone only ever wants to talk about fat and gaining, there are two possibilities: 1) they're married or in a relationship, and that's all that's missing; 2) they're a fake.

If someone refuses to meet you after chatting for a long time, odds are they're fake. Or married. Or something bad.

Time to move 'em on out...
14 years

People can fantasize all they want, but they should be honest about it.

I am 59 and married. How about if I came on and chatted with people and "fantasized" about being 25 and single? How about if a 16 year old boy comes on and "fantasizes" about being a 30 year old woman?

There is no way of knowing if anyone is what they say they are, and it takes the fun away chatting with people wondering if anything they say is the truth.
14 years

then I got bored and just asked them what they got out of being a faker

Interesting question. I wonder that myself. Outside of the obvious scammers out there who try to get your money, what in the world would someone be out after at a place like this? Humiliation? Their own jollies? Satisfying their urge to be a bully?

I had someone dubious hit me up in the chatroom for a private chat the other day, so I accepted for my own amusement. A couple of minutes of inane banter and they went away. Whatever. Go ahead, laugh at the weird guy who likes fat chicks. I'm too old to care anymore. I got nothing to lose, so I'll take some chances.
14 years
12   loading