Lifestyle tips

Best way to gain weight with least health risks

There's some ways to minimise health risks I've found, but often it will slow down the speed it will happen.

Like focusing on savoury non-greasy foods definitely will help lower the chance of things like diabetes and heart issues. So like some of my earlier gains were with cold foods and pasta, often with some cheese draped over.

Doing some exercise will also help. It will keep some muscle underneath the fat (which may or may not be a good thing depending if you like to be soft or not), decrease the chance of early immobility due to your knees or back messing up under the weight as you'll have muscle to carry yourself and just general good health. That said, if you want to gain you'll have to go over the calorie count massively compared to what you're losing, so it's definitely tricky to balance the two. I do think I'm as mobile as I am despite my weight due to cycling to work which has given me thigh muscles to help carry my weight.

That said, if it's anything like me, as you gain you may find yourself relaxing your health risk concerns. On the other hand, you may hit a point where you'll need to work out if you're going to gain more or if you're going to avoid health risks. After all, if you're 20 stone, you're prime target for a lot of health issues. For some, like me, it's no problem, but others try to stop before then.
4 years

Remain in a good condition. Take the stairs, take walks, all that good stuff.

Eat well. Don't ignore fruits and vegetables.

Play the long game. Instead of these explosion gains, just go for steady gaining. Adding half a lbs every 2 weeks still has you add 20+ lbs a year.
4 years

Health risks from various sources kind of multiply. So also try to limit your non fat related risks. Don't smoke, don't drink heavily. Get enough sleep. Take care of your teeth. Address any other health issues. Eat plenty of veggies and some fruit. Try not to sit for prolonged periods on a regular basis. Raise your heart rate regularly.

You can limit your risks from gaining by doing it smart, but you can't eliminate them. But by not burdening your body with other stresses, it will hopefully hold up better.
4 years