Lifestyle tips

Fashion for men

What clothing store do you shop in Looking for clothes need to update my wardrobe for my new size found some stores not size friendly
4 years

Fashion for men

Getting chubby:
What clothing store do you shop in Looking for clothes need to update my wardrobe for my new size found some stores not size friendly

Target.com
Livingxl
DXL
Kingsize.com
Amazon
4 years

Fashion for men

I'm interested in dress pants brands that have an elastic band waist because I plan on gaining alot more. Any thoughts? Buying 5 pairs every few inches in the waist sucks....
4 years

Fashion for men

ShakesSphere:
My 64's were getting snug so I made the leap to 72, thinking like you do. It turns out my wardrobe consultant/girlfriend thinks baggy pants look sloppy so I am squeezing into 64's. Not for long, probably.

I try my best not to look sloppy as I gain. But my wardrobe consultant wife almost insists that I buy a size larger figuring I will grow into them sooner than later. She still likes to hold up pants and shirts that are obviously way to large for me and asks if these size 60 inch pants or XXXXL shirt is my size while I'm just a solid 40 inch waist and XXL shirt. Lol

But dress pants are such a pain when gaining.
4 years

Fashion for men

Suits are also a bit awful, and I use a vest as well.

I have sometimes wondered if I might not have to pause or at least slow the weight gain down a bit because of this, at least in the near term.

Here's a thought. Other than jeans or certain other lower cost trousers and bottoms, there's usually some extra material you can use to expand the waist area by a couple of inches. Getting that adjusted is typically cheaper than new ones.

Though I can't help but wonder if the tailor would start giving you weird looks eventually. I can't imagine many tailors are FAs who like weight gain, though imagine if they were.
4 years

Fashion for men

ASOS has some decent clothes for big guys. I had such trouble finding slim tapered pants at my size (44-46), but these are good and many also have some stretch.
4 years

Fashion for men

Doughboy69:
I know they don't have any Dillards stores in NYC, they're mainly in the south from CA to VA, but their Roundtree and Yorke brand have an elastic "stretch waistband" that will allow you to move from say a 50 to a 53ish. I wear their 54's but with my recent gains I have maxed those out and need to go up to the 56's which is the largest size they offer, but they are great looking dress pants and stand up to the stresses a growing body can put on them.

Here is their description:
From Roundtree & Yorke Big & Tall
$59.60
these dress pants feature:
Travel Smart non-iron performance microfiber
Classic fit
Piped quarter top pockets
2 buttoned besom back pockets
Hidden interior pocket in pocket bag
Zip fly/extended button tab closure
Tekfit stretch waistband
Hemmed legs
Polyester
Machine wash

Thanks for the roundtree recommendation!
4 years

Fashion for men

Have you checked Costco?
4 years

Fashion for men

duncan:
Have you checked Costco?

I lucked out and kohls stocks pants that stretch an extra 2 or 3 inches. I hope they have a larger selection online because finding some 40in pants wasn't easy in the store.
4 years