General

Does anyone draw on themselves?

I love doing this! When I draw flowers all over my body, I feel an intimate knowledge of how big I am.
4 years

I think it'd be really cool.if drawing on yourself was a genre of feedism art. Like having to navigate the folds of your body to make a full body drawing. Or just having a bunch of little details on a drawing on you're belly
4 years

I used to do this all the time! Marker will feather, but ballpoint pen works well. My favorite, though, was paint. Watercolor will work if you use minimal water. I used to mix it with a bit of handsoap, which seemed to prevent staining and make it easier to get off. As a teen, I used that trick on several halloweens to dress as 'abstract art'. Even better than watercolor was puffy paint. I liked glow-in-the-dark best since I only used it at night, mostly when I couldn't sleep. Puffy paint was great at dots and lines. It held its shape well, never stained my skin, dried relatively quickly, and I enjoyed peeling it off. I used to do a lot of mandala-esque bands around my limbs, vaguely henna-inspired, geometric, or pointillist. Haven't done anything like it in years.
4 years