Lifestyle tips

Can “weight loss” shakes help with gaining?

Calories are calories. IMO those boost shakes are ridiculously expensive for what they are. I would say the same for mass weight gain shakes.

There's a reason even bodybuilders don't buy that crap; they make their own whey protein shakes. Check the label of any mass gainer - it's 80% Maltodextrin or Dextrose. Go to any beer brewing store and you can buy 30lb bags of Maltodextrin or Dextrose for a few bucks. That's what bodybuilders do, then add a small amount of pure whey isolate crystal to it.

The only people paying $50 for a small container of Maltodextrin hoping to gain weight are total schmucks.
4 years

Proxlterio:
The Boost and Ensure are also used for helping underweight patients gain weight, I don't know where the weight loss thing came from, as they're pretty much just liquid candy.

Probably because of SlimFast drinks.

I think the idea is to have perhaps just one, in place of a meal. That it would be all the calories you have.

Of course that's never gonna work. You'll probably go mad from hunger and binge.
4 years

Proxlterio:
The Boost and Ensure are also used for helping underweight patients gain weight, I don't know where the weight loss thing came from, as they're pretty much just liquid candy.

ILuvChubbyChix:
Probably because of SlimFast drinks.

I think the idea is to have perhaps just one, in place of a meal. That it would be all the calories you have.

Of course that's never gonna work. You'll probably go mad from hunger and binge.

Basically every diet will make you gain weight long term bc of all the hunger and frustration and overcompensating
4 years

Liquid calories are registered different by our brains. It's like our brain says "liquid calories don't really count." The advantage then is that you can have MORE

So, eat a meal, just a regular meal. Add a drink that contains calories. All of a sudden you have twice the calories but don't feel that full
4 years

becomingoverweight:
If CI>CO, you'll gain weight. It's good to keep in mind that the composition of your food alters your fat distribution. So you may still not want to overeat just anything.

Could you please elaborate on the composition aspect and I would love it if you have any sources, as I am hello a friend do research
4 years