Gaining

If you're getting fat, there is no way back? or it's not true?

I want to become a gainer in the next month and gain about 10-12 lbs as an experiment. But I have doubts about all this. If I will have desire to be thin again? Feedee's lifestyle is very addictive, isn't it?
4 years

Victor1993:
I want to become a gainer in the next month and gain about 10-12 lbs as an experiment. But I have doubts about all this. If I will have desire to be thin again? Feedee's lifestyle is very addictive, isn't it?

There was an earlier thread here that was titled something like "warning fat may be permanent."

If you were once super skinny, I don't think that will ever happen again. I looked at your profile and you listed your weight as 171. If you try to gain 10-15 lbs, I doubt you'd look that different and it might be a good amount to try.

After a certain point, it would likely be hard to keep the weight off without a dedicated effort as well as eating much less.

Even individuals featured on "My 600 lb Life" (who often have serious problems and aren't happy with the situation) who get the surgery, are typically still overweight/technically obese even afterward, but are never skinny again. All of them still end up being at least 200-250ish lbs. But it's usually a significant improvement in their lives so they are typically satisfied with the results.

I suspect that once you get over 200, it may be hard to get below that again. The lower the weight, the harder it is to lose. But if you get to that point, I suspect you have to at least like it somewhat.

As others have said in replies, others have succeeded in losing 50+ lbs, and it might be possible, but it's not clear where they started from and where they ended up. 350 -> 300, or even 450 -> 300 is going to be much easier than 250 -> 200, which would be easier than 200 -> 150.

I obviously don't recommend the last one (200 -> 150) and not just because I'm an FA.
4 years

What seems to be the gravitational pull into becoming heavier is how the weight makes you more tired and lazy. Imagine spending your day with a backpack full of 150lbs in weights. That slothfulness inevitably leads to more weight gain, more bored eating, napping and TV watching.
4 years

Bicepsual:
What seems to be the gravitational pull into becoming heavier is how the weight makes you more tired and lazy. Imagine spending your day with a backpack full of 150lbs in weights. That slothfulness inevitably leads to more weight gain, more bored eating, napping and TV watching.

That's certainly part of it and I get what you're trying to say, but I doubt it's exactly the same.

A backpack only applies pressure to the shoulders, whereas extra weight would be in belly, limbs, and especially for women, the breast area.

The weight gain also wouldn't be overnight, giving a chance for the body to get used to it and it does, to some degree.

It's not scientific but I would guess weighing 150 more may be more similar to.. I don't know, carrying 75-100 lbs more in weights? There's also center of gravity too. Carrying a 25" CRT TV alone is difficult, not due to the weight but because of the center of gravity and difficulty in seeing where the next step on the stairs is.

Over the past year I've gained about 25 lbs. It doesn't feel the same as just always carrying 25 lbs of stuff. You're probably mostly right but I don't think it's a pound for pound comparison.
4 years

Victor1993:

Yes it is possible, depending on how hard and for how long you try. People who have significant health problems are usually more motivated. But most importantly, people succeed when they want to change for themselves as opposed to people who want to change for others. It's all about motivation really. We often think that external circumstances may affect us but... not really
4 years

Many studies have found that few people lose and keep off more than 10% of their body weight, and losing and regaining large amounts and repeatedly tends to make the regain bigger while weakening health.

So a small gain is potentially reversible, and won't have a very big impact on your life on its own if you don't lose it.

The much harder part is if you like it, it is that much harder to resist.
4 years

Victor1993:

ILuvChubbyChix:
There was an earlier thread here that was titled something like "warning fat may be permanent."

If you were once super skinny, I don't think that will ever happen again. I looked at your profile and you listed your weight as 171. If you try to gain 10-15 lbs, I doubt you'd look that different and it might be a good amount to try.

After a certain point, it would likely be hard to keep the weight off without a dedicated effort as well as eating much less.

Even individuals featured on "My 600 lb Life" (who often have serious problems and aren't happy with the situation) who get the surgery, are typically still overweight/technically obese even afterward, but are never skinny again. All of them still end up being at least 200-250ish lbs. But it's usually a significant improvement in their lives so they are typically satisfied with the results.

I suspect that once you get over 200, it may be hard to get below that again. The lower the weight, the harder it is to lose. But if you get to that point, I suspect you have to at least like it somewhat.

As others have said in replies, others have succeeded in losing 50+ lbs, and it might be possible, but it's not clear where they started from and where they ended up. 350 -> 300, or even 450 -> 300 is going to be much easier than 250 -> 200, which would be easier than 200 -> 150.

I obviously don't recommend the last one (200 -> 150) and not just because I'm an FA.

So by what you're saying i started out at 115lbs and am planning on gaining to 250 by Dec next year. If I make it to 250 I will probably never be 115 again.
4 years

The higher the gain, the less likely you'll lose it.

Hardcore diets can see you lose up to 1 lb per week, but usually this slows down your metabolism as your body defends against this.

Slower dieting makes every little thing you eat a little bit too much of put on weight again.

No, generally once we have someone fattened up by 10-20 lbs, going back becomes maybe not impossible but very imporbable
4 years

The fatter I get the fatter I want to get. It’s become increasingly difficult for me to even think about dieting or controlling what and how much I eat. It probably doesn’t help that as I’m stuffing my face I say to myself “gotta eat to get fat!” Lol But if you want to go back, to lose weight, you can. IMO it’s a head game.
4 years

People do lose weight. It is possible. But it is difficult. The heavier you are the easier to lose a lot of weight but its proportional. I agree with @Aiden99's take on things. Personally I'm torn between letting go and getting to 350 or dieting to get back to 250 or less.
4 years
123   loading