General

What was the first wakening to your fetish?

Kittenchub:
I had 2 completely separate awakenings to my fetish, about 19 years apart.

The first time I realized I had a fetish for bellies, weight gain, and such, I was extremely young, so young I don’t even remember it. It was just always there. My mom tells stories about how funny it was that when I was a toddler, I would rewind movies to rewatch the parts where a character overeats, gets fat, gets stuck in something because their belly is so big, etc. and that I would laugh and smile so much at those parts.

As I got a little older, I somehow innately knew I needed to keep this interest a secret. I would play alone in my room and act out fantasies with my dolls and stuffed animals. I never touched myself but I remember being physically turned on. I used a little tape recorder to record my stories while I roleplayed. I knew I was different and weird for liking these things, so I kept the tapes hidden.

I had all the typical interests. Stories, books, tv shows, and movies with fat themes would be reread/rewatched endlessly, and I loved the feeling I got each time I indulged. I had no desire to actually fatten myself, but I did like pretending to have a tummy ache and rubbing my own belly while moaning. I often padded while playing by myself or with friends too. Otherwise, my fetish was mostly based on admiration of others. I had a secret inner world of delightful fantasies.

Everything changed when I was about 8. We moved to a new house and my roleplaying tapes went missing. I tried to act normal as I asked my dad if he knew where they went, but I was obviously panicking. He sat me down and forced me to tell him what was on the tapes, but I didn’t even really know how to put it into words… I simply ended up saying, “I like fat people.” I was sobbing and humiliated. When he finally realized there was nothing dangerous on the tapes, he eased up and dropped the topic, but the damage was already done.

The shame I felt afterwards was so intense that I unintentionally repressed everything I had ever felt or thought or done about my belly fetish. I truly did not think about it for more than a decade. It was like I had deleted an entire part of my identity. Looking back on it now, I feel so sad for my younger self.

As a teenager, I had a vast, exploratory, and rocky sex life. I tried very hard to be “normal.” Even still, I did explore some more mainstream kinks, and some of them I really enjoyed. But nothing was ever like my belly fetish. With the repression of my belly fetish also came the repression of my bisexuality, so I only experimented with boys for the majority of my teen years.

I moved out of my parents house with my boyfriend at 18. One night, about a year into us living on our own, I was lying in bed with him sleeping next to me, exploring fetish content online. I came across something belly-related (I can’t even remember what now), and an overwhelming feeling of both familiarity and shame washed over me. It hit me so hard that I cried right then and there. A flood of memories came back to me- the play sessions as a kid, the cartoons and books, the tapes, the confrontation with my dad. I felt confused and disgusted with myself and horribly embarrassed and curious all at once.

I tried to push the fetish away again but it was like the floodgates had opened. I was so ashamed that I couldn’t talk about it at first, even with my boyfriend. I was so sure that this fetish made me a terrible person. But eventually the desire to explore it overpowered my feelings of shame, and I very, very, VERY slowly started to tell some of the closest people to me about it, eventually exploring it in small ways with sexual partners.

Now, at 27, I still struggle with shame, but it has lessened steadily over the years. I’ve even met a couple real life friends and partners who share my fetish and it has brought me so much joy. All my sexual partners now know about it and are extremely kind, respectful, and welcoming of my fantasies. I don’t engage in feedism in real life and I’m not sure I would want to, but I enjoy the fantasies and community so much. Just writing and posting this is evidence of how far I’ve come. I want to start posting my erotica and opening up more to this integral part of my sexuality. It’s a beautiful thing, really.

That is very sweet and touching. I hope that you manage to find acceptance and banish all traces of shame for what should be a joyful, happy thing.
8 months

Nico777893:
I remember listening to the story of Hansel and Gretel when I was a kid, idk why that story just stuck with me, but that's definitely where it first started. I've always enjoyed the feeling of power dynamics, but I have never vulnerably explored my feeder fantasies in real life... I myself prefer to remain very athletic.

Same lol
6 months

The episode of Even Steven's, where Shia joins the wrestling team. But then he has to fight a girl cause of his weight class. So he tries to get out of it by eating until he passes out in a food coma. In his dream he stands up with a whole bunch of lard in his rear. After that, I'd fall asleep each night for awhile, imagining what it would feel like to get fat
6 months

When I started 5th grade, Roxie came in the classroom at least 25lbs heavier than she was in 4th grade. I began noticing my interest in weight gaining.

Later that year, I saw a romance comic book about a man who gain weight so he could date the secretary who fat. She wanted to date him but she was embarrassed to date a skinny guy. So she lost weight only to find out he got fat. It was such a turn on and peaked my wish to get fat.
4 months

I have always been an obsessive eater, with cravings like a pregnant person that have to be indulged.

From the time I was young, I was introduced to buffets, especially American ones. Those were moments I could eat a much as I possibly could and not worry about the cost!!

I would laugh as I ate more than my mum and brother combined! I would get teased that my buttons would pop and it encouraged me to try harder!

Society kept encouraging me to lose weight, yet every time I needed a new size, or noticed a new bit of pudge, I would be enamored with it!

2014 I found this amazing world!! Now I want to live my life as fat and happy 😊
4 months

Super interesting story, and super relatable. Even before discovering sex, I found I had a fascination with fatness, fat people, and especially the process of becoming fat.

It felt like this really painful part of myself because it illicited so much self-judgement based on the opinions I saw of family, friends and society which demonised it. It definitely made me feel like there was something wrong with me for liking fatness, and once I discovered the sexual aspect of it when I became old enough, that judgement got even stronger, because I found it hard relating to other guy’s discussion of who they found attractive, etc.

I think today I have done a lot of inner work to accept myself more, become a bit more comfortable with this part of myself. I no longer think it’s something I should feel shame or guilt about, (in no small part due to websites like this one!!), and I was even able to discuss it with an ex girlfriend, but it’s definitely still something I’m not very open about in real life, and definitely makes dating more complicated.

I would be keen to hear more about what your day to day life is like at the moment when it comes to navigating romantic relationships, because it feels tricky when I have this kink, that a partner doesn’t share?
4 months

Bellyblubber:
I remember the exact moment that it felt like something really changed about my brain chemistry.

I was in kindergarten and I was out to eat with my friend and her mom, and her mom said about her, “Wow, Abigail’s already eaten so much I bet her belly’s grown three times it’s size!”

I laughed, but then I thought about it. I just remember feeling really funny inside and kinda warm and confused. Even that young I started doing a little experimentation to try to find out why I felt that way, but I didn’t know why. However, I gradually learned what stimulated that feeling the best. By the time I learned what sex and sexuality were I was already head over heels for weight gain, stuffing, and bellies, exploring myself to them before I knew that’s what I was doing.

When I found out that what I’d been doing with myself to thoughts about my friends was inherently sexual, I was terrified. That led to me feeling guilty for having any sexual feeling about anything or anyone at all. After that it took me a while to think about sexuality again at all, but mental images of full bellies and cartoons with exaggerated stuffings and weight gain haunted me and occasionally broke me. It was years before I let myself feel this way again and started working on a healthier relationship with my desires.

This fetish is even the reason I realized my bisexuality. Eventually I had to start wondering why I never stopped imagining other women getting stuffed and gaining. At first I just assumed it was a representation of me, but when I started to realize how I felt seeing other girls in my class in those situations, had to admit that maybe I was different than a lot of other people in my southern community.

Nowadays I’m pretty comfortable with what I like, I just don’t feel comfortable letting people irl know about it. I’ve come to terms with my sexuality including these BIG parts of it, and I’m pretty happy and I don’t feel guilty for being the way I am anymore. More recently (a couple years ago), I even started embricing the part of me that always wanted to gain weight for myself. I never could because of life circumstances, fear of judgement, etc., but now I’m really enjoying it.

I think you raise a couple of notions that seems common for many of us.

First, for many of us, this thing occurs before puberty and often before we really understand sex or sexuality.

And second, as we move into puberty our thoughts and feelings about weight gain and fat and big bellies is often not merely confusing. It’s downright damaging. You feel shame and aloneness. You dare not mention your “perverted” thoughts to anyone.

Thank goodness for this site and others like it. For me, I realized there were many others like me when I read an excerpt from Dimensions Magazine in Harpers Monthly. From there, the internet opened up a lot of this for me. Thank goodness.
4 months

For me it was big bellies and tighs
Even when I was a kid it turned me on so much.
4 months

had to look for this old thread but I had a recent meme pop up and got me thinking
so you know that one scene from SpongeBob where SpongeBob and Patrick stole a balloon and became outlaws and then they made camp and SpongeBob whips out two candy bars Patrick eats them and then starts to wonder where they went and goes “you ate all the food now where gonna starve” and the picture cuts to Patrick’s swollen belly?

That scene always stuck with me, and looking back now things are kinda clicking, I mean it is currently how I feel all the time haha. I’ve maintained that I didn’t have this fetish until I was already pretty fat but seeing that thing in memes had me thinking maybe it was always something I dreamed of becoming idk.
2 months
45678   loading