General

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

Where do you draw the line?

What's the big difference between each to you? Is it a BMI marker? do you look to things like waistline or is it an impulsive judgement? Do you rely on others' judgement as to which they call you? Really curious what people think because I've been thinking about it and not been able to glean where I draw the line.

I think I draw it with BMI because I was so hyper-focused on BMI when I was super skinny. So, like,

25-30 BMI = Chubby
31-35 BMI = Fat
36+ BMI = Obese
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

I don't think numbers factor as much for me when I think of someone as chubby, fat, obese or any other description thereof.

You could take 10 people all of which had the same weight or the same BMI and they would all look completely different to each other.

It depends on your height or how your body stores your fat as well and much much more...
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

I would say it all depends on the Pearson.
some one at 4'9 weighting 140 is going to look much larger then some one who's at 6'2 weighing 140. it depends on there BMI. but honestly all of
us here have our own preference's on what we think about whats chubby,fat, obese.

I'd say any one with pudgy cheeks,a small protruding belly and maybe thick thighs as chubby

for fat i would say theirs a significant amount of weight in there fat building regions, like some women and men have fat that goes to there breats,there butt, maybe there neck. thats were i'm at preferences wise

then theirs "obese" thats were things git fuzzy. there is some whom are obese that I like and theirs some that i don't prefer. I would say obese is after 300-400 pounds depending on height. For example i had dated a beautiful women who weighted around 330 and she had larger girthy belly that folded in the middle to create two great and blubbery bellies. How ever might there some who think thats way to much. and others like me and some people on this sight who think thats just fat and we quite enjoy that.
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

This question comes op almost every month.

I don't think BMI alone is all that useful, because people have different body shapes. BMI might classify someone with almost zero fat and a lot of muscle as "obese".

Here is a more detailed discussion where I tried to build up a classification system based on how the weight affects ones lifestyle>

fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

[quote]curiousv:
This question comes op almost every month.

I don't think BMI alone is all that useful, because people have different body shapes. BMI might classify someone with almost zero fat and a lot of muscle as "obese".

Here is a more detailed discussion where I tried to build up a classification system based on how the weight affects ones lifestyle>

]fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts

Your answer is one of the best I've seen in terms of defining a line. Most people say it's just an impulsive judgement.
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

So much of it's mental, too.

My wife always judges herself as slimmer than she is. But the same rules don't apply to other women. Someone 25lbs less than her she would call a "total fat %ss". But now that's she's gotten to that size, she concedes that she's "fat".

But most people would have considered her fat 50lbs ago.

You witness that here in posts, too; girls that are 250lb and say"I still feel small. I want a bigger belly."
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

Bicepsual:

My wife always judges herself as slimmer than she is. But the same rules don't apply to other women. Someone 25lbs less than her she would call a "total fat %ss". But now that's she's gotten to that size, she concedes that she's "fat".

You witness that here in posts, too; girls that are 250lb and say"I still feel small. I want a bigger belly."

I consider myself chubby. I don’t consider myself fat.

I know what you mean though as being “fat” on these sites tends to be a moving goal post. To me, I think I associate having a belly with being fat. So I think even if someone is quite heavy, if they don’t carry that weight in their belly, I tend to think of them as chubby.
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

Bicepsual:

ChubbySadie:

I know what you mean though as being “fat” on these sites tends to be a moving goal post. To me, I think I associate having a belly with being fat. So I think even if someone is quite heavy, if they don’t carry that weight in their belly, I tend to think of them as chubby.

intresting point. i would have to agree. i think I tend to make that same case my self. though there could be a few exceptions. What do you think makes some one pass into obese, or SSBBW?
4 years

Chubby vs fat vs obese?

Bicepsual:

ChubbySadie:

ChubbychaseingVampire:
intresting point. i would have to agree. i think I tend to make that same case my self. though there could be a few exceptions. What do you think makes some one pass into obese, or SSBBW?

They had a list if you read their link. They guessed the line between fat and higher groupings was whether or not the weight got in the way of the person's day-to-day life.

I think names like BBW and SSBBW are self-assigned names and are best thought of like that because this conversation can regress to someone being told they're not big enough to be "x" and that's just mean.

Personally, regardless of my size, I never want to be referred to as BBW because I hate the term. I just think it's dumb.
4 years