Gaining

Pushers vs. letting goers

It seems to me we can divide feedees into these two categories:

Pusher (not to be confused with drug dealer!): You can't gain unless you push yourself (or are pushed by someone else). If you just eat what you feel like your weight will stay about the same.

Letting Goer: You have a good appetite and simply allowing yourself to eat all you want is sufficient to gain.

Which type are you? And has anyone started out as a "Pusher" but later became a "Letting Goer"? Or vice versa?
4 years

I'm definitely a pusher, but it has changed in one way. In the past, I used to LOSE weight if I just reverted back to my natural tendencies. Now, I'll at least maintain my weight if I'm not trying one way or the other.
4 years

I'm an FA/feeder who is now also gaining weight. I think it's safe to say that I'm now also a gainer and feedee.

This was driven both by scientific curiosity through a desire to learn about what kind of diet is most effective at fattening. I also wanted the experience of being on the other end. Gainers seem to have fun, so I wanted to see what that's about, as well of course as wanting to develop fattening recipes and diet that's actually palatable.

While there's fantasies and stories that feature drinking straight cream or even lard, that doesn't sound very tasty, and lard sounds very disgusting. However, I'm starting to ramble.

Right now, I still have to push myself. While it's true that I both crave more food overall, and more fatty, calorie dense food than before, I still feel like it's an effort to overeat on purpose. I often count calories in order to ensure I stay on track. I do suspect that if a woman was so inclined, she could coax me into eating more.

I wonder at what point my appetite will increase to the point where I would transition to letting go. Where it will take a significant effort to eat less for weight loss. I expect this point would take place before the point of no return, the part where you'll likely remain overweight or even obese for the rest of your life.
4 years

i'm mostly a let goer... but I am at this state when letting go just stops working (at a very serious plateau right now) and in order to continue gaining weight - I need a big push... from a feeder smiley
4 years

I’m somewhere in between. I love food and I love to eat. Since I got to like being fat I’ve given myself permission to let go and eat whatever I want whenever I want. But I have a condition that makes me feel full all the time and lose my appetite. So I have to push myself to eat.
4 years

I have quite an appetite so letting go for me was enough to gain weight, but since I'm enjoying getting fatter more and more I'm also getting pushed to increase my weight even more and faster
4 years

Pusher. This is definitely my natural weight. Hard for me to lose, an effort to gain.
4 years

Pusher. I don't have a really strong appetite and I tend to just stop eating even though I'm not full yet. I really have to work at my binges to keep gaining.
4 years

Totally in the let go camp here. Anytime that I'm not actively controlling my weight it starts heading up pretty quickly. Presumably it would plateau eventually but my appetite vs what I let myself eat suggest that there would be quite a way to climb before leveling off.
4 years

AskDrFeeder:
Letting Goer: You have a good appetite and simply allowing yourself to eat all you want is sufficient to gain.

This was my experience, plus potentially just getting older. I suspect as I near 40 my metabolism is slowing naturally.

Having spent my adulthood being used to maintaining my weight thru expercise, when life/work/etc. just started to get in the way and I ended up putting on some pounds, it kind of spiralled out of control. I wasn't making it to the gym, and eating comfort food due to stress, and this would make me feel guilty. This in turn stressed me even more, and started creating anxiety.

I finally gave up the gym membership after having not attended in 4 or 5 months! And then I just gave myself permission to eat what I wanted, just relax and enjoy. No stress.

I haven't tried to purposefully gain an ounce, but just accept the body I am in and enjoy it for what it is.
4 years
123   loading