Gaining

For those who started off skinny

bluegoodra:
For those who started off skinny, what did the sensation of growing a belly for the first time feel like? Did you just wake up suddenly fatter, or did it look like you bloated up but the bloat didn't go down? How did it feel different than a bloat?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. The most you can possibly gain in a day is probably around 0.5-1 lb, and you can't quite keep up a pace of 1 lb a day, day after day. So you can't wake up suddenly a whole lot heavier.

But at some point, I suppose you do start to discover that you're developing a more substantial gut. You look in the mirror and then, wow.

It feels different when you feel it in your hands and you haven't even stuffed yourself, or even had much to eat just yet.

I'm not even technically overweight yet, but I'm close.
4 years

For me, it is a slow process. I gained about 25 pounds over the past four years. The first thing I noticed was indeed something like a more sustained bloating, a slight roundness in my belly during the day, after I had eaten, when there was none before. The next step was probably having to loosen my belt on a more regular basis. Then, after my belly had grown about three inches when full, I started to notice my pants getting tighter and beginning to cut uncomfortably into my belly, at which point I had to go up a pant size for the first time. Then my shirts started to become tighter around the belly and I was beginning to have a visible belly outline in my tighter shirts. So far, I‘ve gone from a size S being too loose on me to now filling out a size M. Even though my belly has grown about 5 inches, it‘s still not very visible when I wear baggy clothes and its size also still fluctuates a lot during the day. I do have a small, but noticeable fat roll now, tho, that folds over my pants when I sit down and my belly does look distinctly round when I take off my shirt.
4 years

I've gained as much as 5 lbs in a day. So yeah, it did feel kind of like a bloat that stayed on sometimes. I sometimes woke up to a noticeably bigger belly and then bigger the next day too. My stretch marks tell the tale.
4 years

Vzdutin:
I've gained as much as 5 lbs in a day. So yeah, it did feel kind of like a bloat that stayed on sometimes. I sometimes woke up to a noticeably bigger belly and then bigger the next day too. My stretch marks tell the tale.

Hammertime44:
How many pounds into your gain did you start to get stretch marks?

It was around 215lbs (80 lbs into gaining) I think, but they showed up because I had gained a ton of weight really fast recently. They only show up if you gain quickly, (though I'd advise against trying too hard)
4 years

Expatbhm:
Brian Regan has a bit about this that is very accurate. I notice my belly as it gradually affected the waist band of my boxers. First it bends a little, then in folds over once and pops right back up, and then it folds over and stays down.
. I've just started gaining using double cream for the last nine days and gained 7-8 pounds. This morning walking around in my boxers I bent over and when I stood up I heard a ping and it was the waste band popping back, I got so excited knowing that my belly is growing
3 years

How Long did does it take with cream to gain about 10 pounds or so and really get the lower body gains want a nice pear shape with thick things and maybe a little gut bit more hips and ass
3 years

Wagon master you get whatever your body decides as you gain weight you don't get to pick and choose where the fat goes.
And really 10 pounds is almost unnoticeable on most people.
3 years

I’ve started off skinny and have high metabolism bc I’m really active. Last year I made a real effort to gain 15 lbs, I often felt bloat/stuff when I overate/drank.. I enjoyed the look but sometimes felt uncomfortable. Within a couple weeks i started to see the numbers on scale climb. Took me 4 months to get to my goal of 15lbs and felt chubby and soft. It felt real good... except some of my clothes I had trouble fitting into..but with working from home, I just wore sweat pants more smiley
3 years

bluegoodra:
For those who started off skinny, what did the sensation of growing a belly for the first time feel like? Did you just wake up suddenly fatter, or did it look like you bloated up but the bloat didn't go down? How did it feel different than a bloat?

ILuvChubbyChix:
I'm not sure I fully understand the question. The most you can possibly gain in a day is probably around 0.5-1 lb, and you can't quite keep up a pace of 1 lb a day, day after day. So you can't wake up suddenly a whole lot heavier.

But at some point, I suppose you do start to discover that you're developing a more substantial gut. You look in the mirror and then, wow.

It feels different when you feel it in your hands and you haven't even stuffed yourself, or even had much to eat just yet.

I'm not even technically overweight yet, but I'm close.

Same with me. It took me a while to notice the changes on my body, mostly when I was growing sizes in clothes that became tighter and smaller.
3 years

Etiola:
I started out pretty thin at around 115 lbs. I had anorexia as a teenager... I guess that screwed my metabolism because since I started eating normally again my body just doesn't seem to find that elusive "set point" the nutritionist kept talking about.

Since then, I just outgrew clothes year after year, completely in denial the whole time.

Because it's hard to find pants - especially jeans! - that both fit and look good on me, I often buy a second pair as a back up (for when the fabric gets destroyed from my thighs rubbing together).

Pant waistband can stretch a little, so my slow weight gain doesn't force me to change clothes during a year, but usually by the time I need to break in the new pair of pants... they usually are so uncomfortably tight that I need to go clothe shopping again. Ugh.

So now basically I have a bunch of too small brand new pants with their labels still on in my closet. What a waste of money!

That why I love dresses, they are much more forgiving than pants and hide my thighs which are my least favorite part of my body.

Awesome bio and keep up the progress on your gain :-) My wife is about 310 (north of 300 for several years now) and her wardrobe is pretty much the same — long dresses and elastic pants in various styles.
3 years
12   loading