Lifestyle tips

Doctor check-up question

I have a check-up/physical in a little less than a month from now. I would like to gain some weight before then. Is there a way to do this without having high numbers (BP/cholesterol etc)?

Is there a way to regulate these and still gain weight...or at the very least maintain?
4 years

Doctor check-up question

Everyone's different, but gaining subcutaneous fat at least improves your chances, and your chances of gaining subcutaneous fat are improved if you eat high-fat and low-sugar foods. I like to drink a glass of 50/50 whole milk and heavy cream before bed, and I stay away from all regular soda.

Also, get light exercise. I like to walk about 1-2 miles a day, especially in the colder months like now.

Again, everyone's different, but since I started doing these things over the last year, I've fully reversed my high blood pressure and triglycerides despite staying right around the same weight. My fat has also become jigglier and more evenly distributed, both of which I enjoy more than the beach-ball look.
4 years

Doctor check-up question

I'm super curious about heavy cream. I don't understand how BP and cholesterol won't spike from drinking it.

Subcutaneous fat is a dream of mine. I'd love to gain some. I know its the healthier fat and thought of being jigglier is extremely tempting. I just can't get past the idea that heavy cream won't cause the numbers I'm trying to avoid going up, from going up.
4 years

Doctor check-up question

Had my appointment. I basically ate the way I had been with a bit more fruit and vegetables. I also took it easy the two days prior to my appt.

My BP was slightly elevated, nothing that concerned my doctor. 140/92.

My cholesterol is high, I don't have a count.

My weight was 110kg/243lbs. About 15lbs higher than my last appt 3 years ago.

So in the end, and to nobody's surprise, he said for me to get some more excercise and lose some weight...uh-huh.

Oh and at my previous appt, I was apparently pre-diabetic. They didn't tell me. I had another issue that concerned them so I guess it wasn't a priority. Anyways, according to my blood test this time, I'm no longer pre-diabetic. I had a different doctor this time, same place, different doctor, perhaps it was more of an issue for this guy. I don't know. In any case, it was another excuse to push losing weight. Thankfully, after getting my bloodwork back, its no longer an issue.

So back to eating to gain...so much easier at Christmas time!
4 years

Doctor check-up question

They haven't recommended meds yet, but I imagine next time they might if it doesn't go down. Especially if I have the same doctor.

I would like to see his face when I show up bigger and heavier!
4 years