General

Do you think feederism is a paraphilias disorder?

I thought this could be a fun debate. I've been researching this and don't know what to conclude to? basically Paraphilic disorders are recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies, urges, or behaviors that are distressing or disabling and that involve inanimate objects, children or nonconsenting adults, or suffering or humiliation of oneself or the partner with the potential to cause harm.

Obviously there are many way worse paraphilias out there. Im just wondering because if two people are consenual in a feedist relationship would that be the potential to harm. Im not saying that feeder relationships are bad but, if someone is obese, which is technically recognized as a disease (which i disagree with but that doesn't matter) would that qualify as a potential to harm. The articles I have read had never said that this type of paraphilia is a disorder but there is very little research on this particular fetish. What do yall think? Any physiologists here?
4 years

If you don't like overweight people then to you it's a disorder.
I wouldn't even call it a fetish. Consider it an inner desire. Or an itch that needs to be scratched .
4 years

loopy2154:
Actually, the aspect of this you must remember is it is voluntary. People who like this fetish are not forced to do anything.

I know but you can argue that Feederism has the potential to cause harm. Do u think it would qualify then?
4 years

Daisy23:
I think there could be elements for some people but not others.

Where would you draw the line?
4 years

As far as I can tell: feederism (feeding for sexual gratification) is a paraphilia as it is something that is para (on the side of) your general love making.

Fat admiration and a sexual attraction to a large body type is not generally defined as a paraphilia, just as one would not define a preference for brown hair, low bmis, sportiness etc a paraphilia.
4 years

DaniGirlOH:
Honestly removing the emotions and opinions we all have cuz we are this way, you might be on to something because scientifically obesity and the desire for obesity is inflicting harm. It's essentially choosing a life of health problems and early death. See my psychology post of why the heck are we this way??? Lol do we all need to get electroshock therapy or something haha dang idk.

I dont think it has to mean an early death. I never want a person who is really over 230 pounds. I would want my significant other to be active and excersize as well as eat well but, just be kinda chubby, Would you say it is a disorder for me then?
4 years

DaniGirlOH:
Honestly removing the emotions and opinions we all have cuz we are this way, you might be on to something because scientifically obesity and the desire for obesity is inflicting harm. It's essentially choosing a life of health problems and early death. See my psychology post of why the heck are we this way??? Lol do we all need to get electroshock therapy or something haha dang idk.

Zelda64:
I dont think it has to mean an early death. I never want a person who is really over 230 pounds. I would want my significant other to be active and excersize as well as eat well but, just be kinda chubby, Would you say it is a disorder for me then?

DaniGirlOH:
Tbh I'd be so confused and conflicted by what you wanted from me as a partner. I think you need to sort out your priorities. If a relationship is a priority, you might have to sacrifice some stuff on your list. No one partner is perfect.

I know thats not what im saying. Im just asking do you think I have a disorder beacuse im not into extreme feederism lol
4 years

I don't see it on this list of paraphilias: labs.la.utexas.edu/mestonlab/
4 years

Fuzzy lines, as has been noted, but I'm pretty sure paraphilia is often accepted as the overwhelming or exclusive attraction to the focus, for instance where you'd rather masturbate to weight gain in someone you're not attracted to than someone you are attracted that's not gaining weight, or where you'd rather (generally) look at fetish material than have sex with a partner. But then again, psychologists are usually in that discipline cause they have their own problems, so grain of salt hahaha.
4 years