Gaining

Gaining as a trans girl

howdy y'all,
im a 22 year old trans girl, and gaining weight has been a desire of mine for almost a full decade. However, it's always been hard for me due to a high metabolism and general poverty making access to large amounts of food harder.

After starting HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) though, I've been noticably gaining weight, and even got my first stretchmarks a week ago. I've always been really worried since coming out about gaining weight since i am worried that i will gain weight in a "male pattern" and look less feminine then i do now as a skinny girl with noticable hips.

If anybody else has any experience with this as a trans girl/woman and wants to share, i would really appreciate any advice or words of comfort. thanks y'all!
4 years

Gaining as a trans girl

There is a chance you will gain in guy places.
I used corsets as I gained to kind of move the fat where I wanted it.
It worked in a few places not all.
Don't worry so much just gain the weight if that is what you want to do.
I agree if you are on hormones it should send it where it would on a woman.
I was never on hormones but still ended up really fluffy and the clothes you choose has a lot to do with your more feminine presentation.
4 years

Gaining as a trans girl

Jade1134:
howdy y'all,
im a 22 year old trans girl, and gaining weight has been a desire of mine for almost a full decade. However, it's always been hard for me due to a high metabolism and general poverty making access to large amounts of food harder.

After starting HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) though, I've been noticably gaining weight, and even got my first stretchmarks a week ago. I've always been really worried since coming out about gaining weight since i am worried that i will gain weight in a "male pattern" and look less feminine then i do now as a skinny girl with noticable hips.

If anybody else has any experience with this as a trans girl/woman and wants to share, i would really appreciate any advice or words of comfort. thanks y'all!

If you are on hormones, you will gain in feminine places!
4 years

Gaining as a trans girl

Ditzy:
There is a chance you will gain in guy places.
I used corsets as I gained to kind of move the fat where I wanted it.
It worked in a few places not all.
Don't worry so much just gain the weight if that is what you want to do.
I agree if you are on hormones it should send it where it would on a woman.
I was never on hormones but still ended up really fluffy and the clothes you choose has a lot to do with your more feminine presentation.

Not to derail the thread but did you find corset training to be worthwhile? I'd think it would take consistently wearing for quite a while...I've thought about it but figured it would take too much wearing for minimal gain. Where di you see results?

Fir the @op...I've had somewhat good results with gaining and using certain herbals although I'm not on HRT, but have lowered T, which is maybe the only advantage of aging process. If u r on HRT for a long time, gaining some should work for you.
4 years

Gaining as a trans girl

Ha, I have the opposite problem! But I can tell you a few things. If you’re starting HRT at a lower dose, then it’s possible you’ll gain in a male pattern. But if not, and if you’re in target range on your labs, you won’t. HRT causes fat redistribution over time, anyway, so even if you’re not at the right dose yet, there’s no reason you can’t start gaining. I’d suggest you take it slow to start with, and see if you’re happy with the distribution.
4 years