General

Is it sinful to engage in feederism?

So I know that we all enjoy Feederism but I am also a Christian and have been struggling with this. I know some people may disagree but people from a general health perspective are meant to be thin. This makes me think that because Feederism naturally goes against then it must be a sin. I know people can be healthily and a little overweight but people are generally less healthy being overweight.

So what do you guys think? I feel like it’s not possible for me to engage with Feederism with some and not being sinning.
4 years

Well... some saints considered merely eating food with nice sauces and seasonings to be gluttony, as well as seeking delicacies and better quality of food, or eating food that is elaborately prepared, or eating too eagerly. I think these are perhaps things that everyone has done without any regret.

I believe it may have been primarily considered as a sin also if over-consumption of food caused it to be withheld from the needy and causing others to starve, which is something that is more likely to happen when food is scarce or if there is famine, which isn't something that is so likely to happen nowadays at least in the west. Also perhaps consuming food to the point of waste, and I would say that people into this fetish don't like to waste food. smiley

Basically I would not worry about it too much, as far as I can tell there are many who would consider themselves Christian who also enjoy this fetish. If you're really concerned about it, perhaps you might consider remembering to be grateful for the bounty of food that you have or the bounty of food that you are feeding another. Or donating to a food bank/etc.
4 years

Saphiel Sir:
Well... some saints considered merely eating food with nice sauces and seasonings to be gluttony, as well as seeking delicacies and better quality of food, or eating food that is elaborately prepared, or eating too eagerly. I think these are perhaps things that everyone has done without any regret.

I believe it may have been primarily considered as a sin also if over-consumption of food caused it to be withheld from the needy and causing others to starve, which is something that is more likely to happen when food is scarce or if there is famine, which isn't something that is so likely to happen nowadays at least in the west. Also perhaps consuming food to the point of waste, and I would say that people into this fetish don't like to waste food. smiley

Basically I would not worry about it too much, as far as I can tell there are many who would consider themselves Christian who also enjoy this fetish. If you're really concerned about it, perhaps you might consider remembering to be grateful for the bounty of food that you have or the bounty of food that you are feeding another. Or donating to a food bank/etc.

Yeah for me it’s so much about the the gluttony part of the fetish that I’m worried about. I don’t engage in Feederism on a daily basis and it’s not all about eating tons of food. Im just worried that I, a feeder, am sinning if I were to have someone gain weight due to possible health complications. I mean wouldn’t encouraging someone to gain weight be sinful?
4 years

I asked God.

"Do whatever you want. Have fun, enjoy yourself, be good to your fellow man, or don't. It's all up to you. Just know it's not the worst sin out there. When its all over, we'll talk about it and I'll forgive you in the end, all you have to do is ask. Live free while you can, time is short" --God.

So donate it to a food bank. Get as fat as you want, help someone else do it.

After all, restaurants and supermarkets are just going to end up throwing it all away if it doesn't get used.

That's the worst sin of all. Food is energy, life, and work. Don't let it go to waste.

God's cool with it.
4 years

I see some of the fattest people at church functions. Lots of potluck dinners in the southern baptist church.
4 years

Nowadays, I would say no. If anything, it's something to be thankful for.

It's been said already that the original definition of gluttony rarely applies these days, at least in most developed countries. Where eating more prevented someone else from eating.

I do believe that "gluttony" continues to exist in a different forms, primarily in the form of severely increasing wealth and income inequality, approaching increasingly unsustainable levels, but this is off-topic and a subject for another time and place.

A new definition of gluttony exists, but it has been twisted. There's a perception of a lack of self control, but I don't believe that's common. But there's still a perception from some that some folks are larger because they lack self control when it comes to eating, are lazy, or other actually negative traits. But many attitudes persist even when facts don't support them.

The rise of the size acceptance movement, as well as the fact that average weights, BMI, and waistlines continue to expand is establishing a new normal and paradigm shift. However, old attitudes persist and slow to go away. The weight loss industry, and it's an actual industry (a frankly criminal industry at that) is probably in large part to blame for that. The fashion industry to a smaller degree as well, but it can and is adapting. They can simply use larger models while designing and manufacture larger clothing.

It's true there's many folks out there who are starving or food insecure, while there's also enormous food waste, but this is the result of structural problems, such as distribution networks and societal factors that have nothing to do with a more than sufficient food supply. Contributing factors to this:

- Food spoilage in transit that doesn't sufficiently protect the food, especially produce.
- Welfare recipients who don't have regular access to a motor vehicle or sufficiently decent public transit, and live in food deserts. So they're required to eat convenience store food, which is a poorer value for the food stamp or WIC program dollar.
- A few supermarket general managers who dump bleach or other toxic chemicals into dumpsters to prevent the homeless from dumpster diving for food waste, or ideally.. from the GM's point of view, the homeless man will eat it and die a horrible death. Fortunately this seems to be rare, as I will boycott any supermarket that I'm aware that does this.

If anything, it's those who eat large quantities of produce that are *not* locally grown, food that is not even close to fattening that are the new gluttons as they contribute much more to food waste.

In short, you may as well eat as much as you can. There's no reason to feel bad.
4 years