General

Gender dysphoria and weight?

Proxlterio:
So, I don't know if anyone else can relate but for me, being AMAB and relatively normal-sized makes me dysphoric, as it emphasizes my upper body and my masculine shoulder-to-hip ratio (despite being more hippy than the average "biological male"smiley. Does anyone have the feeling that gaining weight could help partially with GD?

I feel more feminine with a large belly, wide hips and bottom and the breast growth that has come with weight gain.
4 years

I wouldn't see how it would.
No idea what AMAB is but with all the alphabet groups out there its hard to keep them all straight.
4 years

Proxlterio:
So, I don't know if anyone else can relate but for me, being AMAB and relatively normal-sized makes me dysphoric, as it emphasizes my upper body and my masculine shoulder-to-hip ratio (despite being more hippy than the average "biological male" ). Does anyone have the feeling that gaining weight could help partially with GD, or do you have gender dysphoria and how did gaining effect you?

I feel you! I'm AFAB and the possibility of moobs shakes me out of wanting to gain frequently. That and most of the weight going to my hips despite 5+ years of testosterone *shudders*

Weight piles on people differently though. My cis boyfriend wears his weight more towards his hips and his lower belly and has grown into a soft pear shape. I think most of it just comes down to dumb luck and genetics.

Best of luck to you!
4 years

One thing I don't understand is why trans women try to lose weight when they start hormones. What do they think that breasts and hips are made of?
4 years

Doctors will use being overweight to deny access to surgery and HRT, Hell, they’ll blame everything on being overweight given half a chance.
There’s also pressure to blend in rather than standing out.
Being slimmer to begin with also means that I kinda started with a clean slate and the weight I’m gaining is going to the right places now.
3 years