Gaining

Wanting to gain more, but having trouble with acid reflux.

JackSteven:
HanSelo,

Since you're referring to the NHS you're clearly full of shit. You probably work for the bastards or something. Stop promoting your NHS snake oil.

What? Sorry, what?

What?

Are you joking, or are you just staggeringly thick?
4 years

HanSelo:
Above all, ignore any advice given to you on internet forums, with the exception of this:

Go see your doctor.

The OP asked for some advice. We give some advice. You give some advice and then you say the above which not only trashes everything everyone said and everything ever written on the Internet, it trashes what you said yourself.

My advice when I'm not livid at your stupidity would be to learn as much as possible FROM THE INTERNET about the specific medical problem so you are well armed when duelling with the medical profession.

The NHS have so many failure modes that one really needs to be quite an expect before putting one of their minions in a position of dominance over your health. It can literally be as bad as Dr Shipman bumping you off in his surgery or as honest as then genuinely failing because of lack of skill and knowledge and the system being in place to cover up the failure.

The actual method of conventional medicine is one of intervention. Of forcing the result that they want. This is one way of doing things and is necessary and often effective as a last resort. An example being chemotherapy. What they are actively ignorant about is preventative medicine. They think that statins are preventative medicine, that's how bad they are at it.

Generally the body can sort itself out but it needs the right nutrients to do so. Doctors do know this and often their most effective treatment is simply to provide some relief whilst nature fixes the actual problem. An example of this would be to provide some painkillers and get them to come back in a week or two. It would have got better without the painkillers but feeling better is often helpful to getting better.

Another problem with going to the doctor is it's not in their business interest to get you better but to match you up with a treatment that their industry approves of. Purely from a consumer rights aspect you should know your stuff.

Once had them try and sell us statins not because of high cholesterol but because she was due to have high cholesterol statistically.
4 years

HanSelo:
Above all, ignore any advice given to you on internet forums, with the exception of this:

Go see your doctor.

JackSteven:
The OP asked for some advice. We give some advice. You give some advice and then you say the above which not only trashes everything everyone said and everything ever written on the Internet, it trashes what you said yourself.

My advice when I'm not livid at your stupidity would be to learn as much as possible FROM THE INTERNET about the specific medical problem so you are well armed when duelling with the medical profession.

The NHS have so many failure modes that one really needs to be quite an expect before putting one of their minions in a position of dominance over your health. It can literally be as bad as Dr Shipman bumping you off in his surgery or as honest as then genuinely failing because of lack of skill and knowledge and the system being in place to cover up the failure.

The actual method of conventional medicine is one of intervention. Of forcing the result that they want. This is one way of doing things and is necessary and often effective as a last resort. An example being chemotherapy. What they are actively ignorant about is preventative medicine. They think that statins are preventative medicine, that's how bad they are at it.

Generally the body can sort itself out but it needs the right nutrients to do so. Doctors do know this and often their most effective treatment is simply to provide some relief whilst nature fixes the actual problem. An example of this would be to provide some painkillers and get them to come back in a week or two. It would have got better without the painkillers but feeling better is often helpful to getting better.

Another problem with going to the doctor is it's not in their business interest to get you better but to match you up with a treatment that their industry approves of. Purely from a consumer rights aspect you should know your stuff.

Once had them try and sell us statins not because of high cholesterol but because she was due to have high cholesterol statistically.

I think you'll find I have been consistent throughout. The OP has an easily treatable medical condition and they should see their doctor for it. The fact that I happen to be informed enough to know that reflux is an indication for PPI's is entirely by the by.

You're indulging in a silly conspiracy theory and we should no more take you seriously than we should those who have convinced themselves the royal family are reptiles or that the Earth is flat. You are tragically and (should anyone take you seriously, which I very much doubt) dangerously misinformed.

The very fact that you believe you're capable of "duelling" with trained medical professionals by looking things up on Google indicates pathological self-delusion. I sincerely hope you have people around you to assist you out of the rather deep rabbit hole you've fallen into.

I am now going to do the only rational thing that one can do when faced with conspiracy theory nonsense, which is to completely ignore you. By all means wear out your fingertips typing whatever garbage you may dream up, but rest assured you'll benefit from no more of my time or attention.
4 years

Han,

Jack is EXACTLY correct. The best thing you can do is be as informed as possible and take responsibility for your own treatment.

On more than one occasion (this is in the US) I have been to the Doctor and had her ready to prescribe a medication and I have said "no, what are the alternatives". In my case, she responds with a number of alternatives and in one case told me that saying no was key.

The STATE has standard treatment regimens that the doctor is open to loss of license if they do not follow UNLESS the patient says no. At that point she is free to discuss alternatives ... in some cases alternatives she thinks are better.

Having said all that, Cider Vinegar Capsules have been shown to be effective in most cases in relieving reflux. This is also supported by my personal experience.

Your misplaced faith in the medical industry would be amusing if you were not spewing it so widely. I most assuredly see my doctor, and avail myself of treatments from the medical industry. But I always decide, and decide based on research. You will always be better off by knowing the facts and using good judgement.
4 years

fatchance:
Han,

Jack is EXACTLY correct.

No he isn’t. And while I most certainly advocate becoming informed with regard to any medical condition one might develop and the treatment choices available, you both are in the realm of paranoid medical illiteracy.
4 years

fatchance:
Han,

Jack is EXACTLY correct.

EvilFeeder:
No he isn’t. And while I most certainly advocate becoming informed with regard to any medical condition one might develop and the treatment choices available, you both are in the realm of paranoid medical illiteracy.

If you're not paranoid about the medical industry then you have led a very fortunate and sheltered life. I suspect that you perhaps do realise how bad it is but the thought of standing up and saying so scares you.

The medical industry will tell you that you must take these pills for the rest of your life or you will get ill and die. They then give you a month's supply. Later you find that the pills have been withdrawn because they were killing people and the ones they offer instead don't agree with you.

The NHS has special systems for dealing with complaints. Rather like a car engine sump plug has a magnet to attract bits of metal ground off the engine when you miss a gear the NHS has PALS. PALS will accept your complaint and make sure it never sees the light of day.

It actually takes a few tragedies and people going to court rather than accepting hush money before a problem is tackled. The problem with going to court is that it takes years and money you don't have and effort that would be better spent trying to stay alive. Hence for your own survival it's better to take the hush money. It's a far more noble thing to risk your own health and take them to court for the benefit of those who you might save from the fate that befell you.

So if you are going to voluntarily enter a hospital or doctor's surgery be as well informed as you can be. Do as much as you can to stay out of hospital.
4 years
12   loading