Extreme obesity

Giving birth while extremely obese

I've heard that extremely obese women have difficulties and dangers with giving birth, but I don't know how much it really matters.

Has any of you (or anyone you know) given birth to healthy children while being extremely obese? What weight/height/body proportion had the mother, and what were the biggest difficulties? I'm especially interested in at what level of fitness were you/she before pregnancy (able to run/walk/climb stairs)?
4 years

I wonder at what point you would consider a woman to be "extremely obese?" It's kind of a relative term.

I'm also interested in this since of course, one thing I would like to do is marry a fat woman, get her pregnant (at which point I get to watch her grow even larger), and have a family. I even have silly dreams of how a family vacation would mean piling our fat butts into the large SUV, or that during Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, one turkey may not be enough. But I digress.

I just hope there won't be any serious complications. But, I think she would have to be extremely large so that's why I'm asking.
4 years

curiousv:
I've heard that extremely obese women have difficulties and dangers with giving birth, but I don't know how much it really matters.

Has any of you (or anyone you know) given birth to healthy children while being extremely obese? What weight/height/body proportion had the mother, and what were the biggest difficulties? I'm especially interested in at what level of fitness were you/she before pregnancy (able to run/walk/climb stairs)?

I’m younger and married to a large lady. I agree with the above post as well, it’s a relative term. We haven’t had a scale in our house the entire time we’ve been together hahah...we have had the conversation many times over and she is absolutely worried about the same thing. I have seen plenty of larger ladies have children in the past...perhaps there may be a smaller chance of complications, I’m not a doctor so I’m not sure...I fix computers not people smiley

If you are talking about 400/500lbs and above I have seen the 600LB life TV show and that absolutely was an issue for people, but my wife is 250/275ish I believe and I would feel pretty confident trying for kids if we were able to get our finances together a little bit better. It’s a personal choice I suppose and anything can happen. Very skinny individuals also have issues in that sense too.

That’s my take on it at least...I’m no professional by any means smiley
4 years

I can chime in on this, a little. My sister was about ~300lbs before becoming pregnant with twins, which of course, made her balloon until she couldn’t drive because of her belly. I don’t know specifics, but I do know she was more or less bedbound in the final two weeks of pregnancy.

Both babies were born completely healthy through C-section.
4 years