Gaining

That plateau

Hate to oversimplify it but, in most cases, gaining/losing weight boils down to calories in versus calories out. Your current caloric intake was excessive enough to get you to 200 but you'll have to step it up to go beyond. Either that or tone down how active you are (less walking, no stairs, etc).
4 years

That plateau

Consistency is key. I was very fit when I first started and I didn't need to do anything special to "break my metabolism". Challenge yourself to consistently eat 5,000 calories a day (without counting drinks/heavy cream) and see how that pays off.
4 years

That plateau

I've had the same problem over the years and after 1st joining FF it took me like a year to gain over ten pounds. Took me 5+ years to gain 10 - 15 pounds b4 that. Gotta keep up with calorie intake.

Heavy cream mixed with ice cream, or added to malts and McDonald's frappes has been a new staple for me, and it's working. I am up about 40 pounds from last December and nearly 20 pounds from just past summer. I don't usually make it to 4000 calories a day and think my metabolism is finally slowing down.

It takes more commitment than you realise some days to eat regular meals and find time to snack in between. When you think your full let your stomach settle a little than try to eat a bit more and top off again. Have a malt or shake exceeding 1000 calories by itself to go with dinner. Good luck, hope to see more of you in the future.
4 years

That plateau

If you rely heavily on drinks for your calories, you're bound to gain slower. Based on my experience, I don't think the body sees all the calories from chugging heavy cream. I imagine a big percentage of that passes right through the system. Heavy cream is a great surplus but I prefer the majority of my calories to come from food.
4 years

That plateau

MissPorker:
If you rely heavily on drinks for your calories, you're bound to gain slower. Based on my experience, I don't think the body sees all the calories from chugging heavy cream. I imagine a big percentage of that passes right through the system. Heavy cream is a great surplus but I prefer the majority of my calories to come from food.

I agree 100%
Heavy cream adds fat but I would say 50% passes right thru.
4 years