Gaining

Parents reaction

I left home at 17 and didn't gain any until I was 25 or so and shot up 60 lbs.
Went home at Thanksgiving and my Mom went ballistic.
After I got divorced and was living with an older guy I got into gaining.
The pounds kept piling up and my Mom still all these years later says mean stuff to me about my weight.
She is amazed I can actually get in my car and drive it.
4 years

Parents reaction

I agree Krystal
4 years

Parents reaction

I was 430 at one point myself but I made me that big.
I may get that big again someday so I don't judge people.
4 years

Parents reaction

They don't see the human part of it most of the time.
4 years

Parents reaction

ashlee:
Now I usually get a serious of questions… Should you be eating that? Shouldn't you be watching your diet a little more? What do you weight now? Do your clothes still fit? That kind of thing.

I always wondered how people felt when hearing such questions. Especially if they are turned on by their own weight gain. Do they also get turned on by such questions, or is gaining more private and these questions uncomfortable?
4 years

Parents reaction

I'm sure some get off on those questions if they have a fat fetish.
For me fat comments 99% of the time came off as mean and judgemental.
4 years

Parents reaction

Hi! I am very new and this is to gain weight on purpose. I mean, I have gained weight since I was 19, but I was stable between 58 and 60 kg (At school I weighed 54-55 kg) and although I felt good with my body, the family always bothered me with the size of my breasts, my butt, my legs or my waist ... and it was annoying. That those people who are supposed to love you and take care of you and say things like "Your fat ass won't pass by" especially when you wear jeans size 36 or 38 (in my country those are small) is humiliating.
At the beginning of 2019 I became independent and changed my city and work, I did not see my family regularly (I have one of those Latin families with many aunts and uncles, cousins ​​and cousins) and already because of carelessness, because I did not really account, or by denial, especially when a jeans tightened more than it should, gain a lot of weight. When I went home for the winter holidays, 4 months after I moved, I had gained 7 kilos ... and when I returned for Christmas, I had gained 10 kilos again this time.
The scandal was imminent: first my mother to see me that the first thing she told me, before even saying hello was: "Oh my god you're really fat" ... and after that the theme of "What size are you wearing" and "Such once you have thyroid problems "among many others. Sometimes I really don't know how to deal with it, because it's embarrassing that your family tells you those things.
One of my aunts served me the New Year's lunch and said: "I did not put rice or potatoes because you are already very fat and you must lose weight" and that in front of the whole family. I have a great character and despite being embarrassed, I told him that it was not his business if I was gaining or losing weight, but the truth did affect me.
And when I realized that dieting and losing weight would not make me happy, it was when I found this page and this forum.

I'm Apologize for the grammar mistakes because english is my second languaje.
And I'm apologize too fr the long post, but is my first time and I'm nervous.
4 years

Parents reaction

AnxiousFeedeeFatGirl:

Your English is very nice, no problems reading and understanding it! As far as the length of your post goes - it's nothing to apologize for and it's more important for us to thank you for making such a thoughtful post! Dieting is a struggle for most people and it makes only some people happy when they go through their journey of it. That's why there are websites for like minded people to encourage each other when outsiders look down upon us.
4 years

Parents reaction

I did help a woman who was worried about this: askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/letters.html
4 years

Parents reaction

AnxiousFeedeeFatGirl:
Hi! I am very new and this is to gain weight on purpose. I mean, I have gained weight since I was 19, but I was stable between 58 and 60 kg (At school I weighed 54-55 kg) and although I felt good with my body, the family always bothered me with the size of my breasts, my butt, my legs or my waist ... and it was annoying. That those people who are supposed to love you and take care of you and say things like "Your fat ass won't pass by" especially when you wear jeans size 36 or 38 (in my country those are small) is humiliating.
At the beginning of 2019 I became independent and changed my city and work, I did not see my family regularly (I have one of those Latin families with many aunts and uncles, cousins ​​and cousins) and already because of carelessness, because I did not really account, or by denial, especially when a jeans tightened more than it should, gain a lot of weight. When I went home for the winter holidays, 4 months after I moved, I had gained 7 kilos ... and when I returned for Christmas, I had gained 10 kilos again this time.
The scandal was imminent: first my mother to see me that the first thing she told me, before even saying hello was: "Oh my god you're really fat" ... and after that the theme of "What size are you wearing" and "Such once you have thyroid problems "among many others. Sometimes I really don't know how to deal with it, because it's embarrassing that your family tells you those things.
One of my aunts served me the New Year's lunch and said: "I did not put rice or potatoes because you are already very fat and you must lose weight" and that in front of the whole family. I have a great character and despite being embarrassed, I told him that it was not his business if I was gaining or losing weight, but the truth did affect me.
And when I realized that dieting and losing weight would not make me happy, it was when I found this page and this forum.

I'm Apologize for the grammar mistakes because english is my second languaje.
And I'm apologize too fr the long post, but is my first time and I'm nervous.

You poor thing that's awful - I'm sorry you're going through this - I agree you need to put your foot down and say you won't see them if they continue to comment on your body. I tell my family this subject is totally off limits in every way and at all times.

Hang in there - and thanks for being brave and sharing I do hope you're getting the support you need.
4 years