Gaining

For those who want to do the next step - heavy cream challenge

Jacki3339:
Boost plus? What's that?

It's one of those calorie dense "meal replacement" shakes, the way Slimfast is.

That's what they're often called, but this is a misnomer because one of those, which are usually only 8 fl. oz. don't substitute for an actual meal.

They usually have a bunch of extra vitamins in them, which are helpful. The higher calorie varieties have more calories than half and half, and are basically taste like milkshakes except much more liquid.

They're kind of spendy though, even Wal-Mart's Equate store brand at over $1 a serving (Equate Plus) so I don't normally recommend them.
4 years

Seems the problem is self motivation so fix that problem and you won't need to make a challenge.
Chances are you aren't going to do the challenge anyway because you don't have the will.
Why do people say they will do something when they know they aren't going to do it?
4 years

That's the first step....
4 years

Ok you go ahead and challenge yourself.
I'll watch your gain from the sidelines.
I have been there done that years ago but if you need tips along the way feel free to ask.
I do need to ask have you ever done this before?
4 years

6 -9 months or so
4 years

In my experience, 6dl (600ml) per day is do-able. That would be around 2500 calories, so on the basis of 3500 excess cals per pound of fat gained, that would be around 5 lbs a week gain. I doubt in reality it would be that much because not all the cream gets digested. However if you spread it out through the day, that might improve digestability.

You will probably have a few days where you don't get the full 6dl in so I would guess around 3 months to gain 30 lbs.
4 years

Curveman:
In my experience, 6dl (600ml) per day is do-able. That would be around 2500 calories, so on the basis of 3500 excess cals per pound of fat gained, that would be around 5 lbs a week gain. I doubt in reality it would be that much because not all the cream gets digested. However if you spread it out through the day, that might improve digestability.

You will probably have a few days where you don't get the full 6dl in so I would guess around 3 months to gain 30 lbs.

Remember, that as you gain, the number of calories to maintain that gain rate increase as well. Probably 12 to 15 calories a day per lb.

So unless you keep increasing your intake, your gain RATE will slow as you gain. Of course, as you get comfortable with your increased consumption, that may indeed happen on it's own, or may not.

I have noticed though, that unless you monitor it and correct, drinking the cream will sometimes cause you to eat less especially in the beginning.
4 years

fatchance:
Remember, that as you gain, the number of calories to maintain that gain rate increase as
I have noticed though, that unless you monitor it and correct, drinking the cream will sometimes cause you to eat less especially in the beginning.

Yes, I had not allowed for that in my simple calculation and you are right in that drinking HC can affect your appetite. I find myself that if I take it after breakfast and after my evening meal, this does not cause too much of a problem.
4 years

Curveman:

fatchance:
Remember, that as you gain, the number of calories to maintain that gain rate increase as well. Probably 12 to 15 calories a day per lb.

So unless you keep increasing your intake, your gain RATE will slow as you gain. Of course, as you get comfortable with your increased consumption, that may indeed happen on it's own, or may not.

I found that I usually drink it right before bed. So I have normal meals (doubling dinner sometimes) and snacks and whatnot throughout the day, and then right before bed drink heavy cream so it doesn’t affect my real food intake.

I’ve finally been able to put on weight like this, albiet not as quickly as I want to, but it seems to be working at around 2 pounds a week to two weeks so far.
4 years

ive been averaging 5000 cals a day for the past 2 weeks with the help of double cream. i havent gained 1lb...
3 years
12   loading