Gaining

Anyone used the myfitnesspal (hah) app?

Curious as to whether anyone else has made use of this app! It's kind of funny that it's intended for weight loss and calorie control but I've been using it over the past year to track my daily intake and set myself a goal per day and it's really effective!

Maybe all the feedees on here should follow each other's progress on there and motivate each other.
4 years

I have used it actually. It's great for tracking calories because it has a database of foods and the corresponding calories per serving. You can set weight gain goals and it'll tell you how many calories/day you need to reach it. You can even track your progress and post pics as you cross milestones. It's designed for fitness but, if you ignore all the articles, it's perfect for a feedee.
4 years

I use CarbManager on my phone. It’s helped me out quite a bit to track my progress and add more calories. It has a A-F rating system for how bad or good the food is based on carbs, has a pretty bid database too. I find it super useful to get the most out of what I eat lol.
4 years

I use Calory, its real strong point is the graphics: once you set your goal, the screen shows a circle that fills up with blue dots until you reach your goal each day, and then if you keep eating after you meet your goal, red dots start filling the area outside the circle. I would imagine this is upsetting to see for people using the app to lose weight and is meant to scare them into stopping eating, but it is exciting and sexy to see how much of the screen you can fill with the red dots when you’re trying to gain.

It rolls over at midnight and I don’t go to bed until around 3 am most nights, so my favorite thing to do with it is stuff myself before bed enough to meet my daily goal, so that every single thing I eat all day the next day piles up as excess.
4 years

I use it extensively while growing my wife. After her 250 to 185 lbs weight loss I used it to track her bumping back up to her current 215 lbs. Very useful.
4 years

finickyfeedee:
I use Calory, its real strong point is the graphics: once you set your goal, the screen shows a circle that fills up with blue dots until you reach your goal each day, and then if you keep eating after you meet your goal, red dots start filling the area outside the circle. I would imagine this is upsetting to see for people using the app to lose weight and is meant to scare them into stopping eating, but it is exciting and sexy to see how much of the screen you can fill with the red dots when you’re trying to gain.

It rolls over at midnight and I don’t go to bed until around 3 am most nights, so my favorite thing to do with it is stuff myself before bed enough to meet my daily goal, so that every single thing I eat all day the next day piles up as excess.

Huh2510:
This sounds like fun! Do you know the full bame of the app? Having trouble finding it. smiley

The full name is just Calory, I have an iPhone and I’m not sure if it’s available on other kinds of phone or not. If it helps, the app icon is purplish blue with white dots on it, the subtitle when you click on it is “Easy Calorie Counter & Tracker” and the company is Funn Media, LLC.
4 years

Captain Cake:
Curious as to whether anyone else has made use of this app! It's kind of funny that it's intended for weight loss and calorie control but I've been using it over the past year to track my daily intake and set myself a goal per day and it's really effective!

Maybe all the feedees on here should follow each other's progress on there and motivate each other.

A lot of body builders use MyFitnessPal to make sure they're eating enough protien, etc... I just add on top of that. LOL!!
4 years