Gaining

Anyone gain weight with the intention of losing it, but never ended up not losing it?

How much did you weigh before and how much do you weigh now?
4 years

Anyone gain weight with the intention of losing it, but never ended up not losing it?

about a year ago i was 150-160. i started dating someone, and as things got more serious, it really started to impact my gym time.
my weight started to climb a little, and my partner was supportive and suggested i let it go for a bit. i thought, "ok, i will see what maybe 180 feels like, and then i can hit the gym hard and get back to normal."
so i tried to start going to the gym a couple of times, but each time i failed, and put on a little more weight.
when i hit 200, i thought, ok, january 1st i am definitely going to the gym!!! every day!
now it is january 26 and i am getting close to 230, and i have not yet exercised this year...
4 years

When I first started gaining, I had a bet with another feedee. We were both about 200 lbs at the time and the first to get to 230 got to choose the loser's next weight goal. I've always been quick to gain and lose weight so I knew that I would win and I did. I planned on slimming down after putting on the experimental pounds so that I could watch my opponent blow up but I couldn't stop eating. Almost 5 years later and I'm 2 pounds shy of 460...that's 2x our original goal.
4 years

Losing weight and keeping it off is nearly impossible, so probably not a good idea to gain with the intention to lose it. I have heard that when you gain, you increase fat cells, but when you lose, you can only shrink them, and that the cells fight to maintain their normal size. Not everyone agrees, but it makes sense to me.
4 years

I plan on losing it once I hit 250lbs but only so i can regain it again
4 years