Gaining

Cutting the brakes?

I know some people here have spoken about how once you start gaining, it can be difficult to stop even if you try. Is it possible to do things that would make that point come faster, or is it something that can only happen naturally over time from extended periods of overeating or from aging?

Gaining weight is exciting for me but right now it is still a chore to eat enough to accomplish it. I’d be satisfied with becoming what is referred to here as a “letting-goer,” and just be able to gain weight by eating whatever I want. What I really wish to become someday, though, is a person who not only can gain weight without trying, but who cannot help but gain more and more weight even when trying desperately to lose it. I want to hit a point where I can never be thin again no matter what I do. I want to change my habits and/or metabolism so completely and irreversibly that once I reach my goal weight and try to stop, I just keep gaining anyway and find that all my weight loss efforts end in failure even though it used to be so easy to lose weight.
4 years

Cutting the brakes?

finickyfeedee:
I know some people here have spoken about how once you start gaining, it can be difficult to stop even if you try. Is it possible to do things that would make that point come faster, or is it something that can only happen naturally over time from extended periods of overeating or from aging?

Gaining weight is exciting for me but right now it is still a chore to eat enough to accomplish it. I’d be satisfied with becoming what is referred to here as a “letting-goer,” and just be able to gain weight by eating whatever I want. What I really wish to become someday, though, is a person who not only can gain weight without trying, but who cannot help but gain more and more weight even when trying desperately to lose it. I want to hit a point where I can never be thin again no matter what I do. I want to change my habits and/or metabolism so completely and irreversibly that once I reach my goal weight and try to stop, I just keep gaining anyway and find that all my weight loss efforts end in failure even though it used to be so easy to lose weight.

This is where I hope to get too... perfect description
4 years

Cutting the brakes?

Few people manage to lose and keep off even 10% of their body weight. So once you reach a fair size it is unlikely that you will lose a lot.

The self perpetuating, easy, gains are mostly a matter of habits I think. When you are always expecting to be eating with no reference to your appetite, when your body is always expecting to be digesting, when physical activity has become unpleasant to do and something you just don't think about, when finding the lazy solution becomes automatic ... I think that is where much of that comes from.
4 years