Gaining

Does eating a pint of ice cream every night have to much sugar?

A pint of Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream has about 900 calories and 77g of sugar. Apparently this is only about 25% of the recommended daily carbohydrate intake.

Does that mean the amount of sugar is okay to eat daily?
4 years

Refined sugar in large amount are never good, even for getting fat as it promote the bad visceral fat.
The ice cream alone without the sugar added is good to gain fat, so it's always down to choices of what you wish to eat.
Normal milk and heavy cream are a good alternative. I sometimes make a hot chocolate based on milk and heavy cream. It's a little sugary, but a good amount of fat.
4 years

High:
It's delicious and fattening! Keep track of your vitals and work your way up from one or two nights per week.

One or two nights per week? I'm already having one every night! Should I have 2 pints every night?
4 years

If you're looking to gain visceral fat and increase your risk of metabolic disease, you go right ahead with those refined sugars on a nightly basis.
4 years

I would not recommend it type 2 diabetes will catch up with you quicker than weight gain, gaining weight is not healthy but you can lessen the risks just not with loads of sugar
4 years

Ofcourse it's not OK but neither is getting hugely fat on purpose. However that's what we are here for and a pint of ice cream a night is going to make you very fat. Milk is for feeding babies and ice cream is milk with loads of sugar so extra fattening. Sugar stimulates insulin which is a growth hormone and encourages fat cells to multiply and get fatter.

The downside is it can set up a bit of a battle in your body where the cells disobey the insulin signal coz they don't want to get any fatter. This is called type 2 diabetes. You don't want this because it slows down your weightgain when you have to watch your sugar intake.

It may happen due to depletion of minerals in your body used in the processing of sugar. Magnesium and zinc are key. Take supplements to ward off type 2.

Loads of people will tell you that health comes first blah blah. It's your life, know what you're doing and weigh up the risks and benefits.

The super massively obese people tend to be that way because they never get type 2. Their bodies just keep on saying yes to the extra weightgain. Other people abuse insulin and continue to gain.
4 years

Kimllyy:
A pint of Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream has about 900 calories and 77g of sugar. Apparently this is only about 25% of the recommended daily carbohydrate intake.

Does that mean the amount of sugar is okay to eat daily?

I ate a pint a night all that got bigger was my belly. I like how it mafe me look most dont
4 years

I used to eat around a half pint a night most nights for a couple years. I wasn’t *trying* to gain, but I put on a few every year.

But I just didn’t *feel* great. I was never pre-diabetic, but I felt lethargic in way that interfered with work.

Since then, I save ice cream binges for bad moods and gaining streaks (and then I’ll eat a LOT in one or two days, but I don’t keep it up for months, ya know?). My energy doesn’t suffer as much anymore (or, rather, it suffers for different reasons :/ )

But I’m gonna hop on the don’t-do-it-if-you-want-to-preserve-metabolic-health train.
4 years

Can you still get type 2 diabetes/metabolic disease if you're not overweight? Is it possible to reverse metabolic disease if I return to normal amounts of sugar after gaining?

I'm just looking for a fast way to gain a small amount of weight (10-20 lbs) and then return to my normal diet which doesn't have much added sugars.
4 years