Gaining

Deciding to get fat... any advice/experiences?

Hi. I'm a 25yo gay man, I'm 175cm (5'7'&apossmiley and I weight 83kg (183lbs), so I'm just overweight. The thing is that ever since I can remember I've been attracted to fat men and have fantasized of getting pretty big myself. I guess it is part of my sexuality since even though I've tried getting rid of this desire and being slim or athletic, It's something that always comes back to my mind and I'm not fully convinced that is the type of body I want.

I've been fit (for a couple months some years ago) and I absolutely loved my body, I felt good looking and secure but I kept on fantasizing about getting fat and I've been fatter (90kg) and even though I secretly loved my body, I felt ashamed about it as well. But right now, this inexplicable urge to get fat has gotten stronger and stronger and I've been wanting this so bad for years. I would like to be morbidly obese and feel my loose skin jiggle, grow moobs, a bigger belly, a fat pad... and of course, eat a lot. Being obese is something I deeply desire to experience.

I haven't dared so far mainly because of fear. I'm afraid of being rejected, people making fun of me, I'm afraid of feeling ashamed of my own body... I've been thinking about facing that fear and just gain weight, just let my self go... But I also worry about my health. My dad is prediabetic and has high blood pressure and an uncle of mine had esophagus cancer strongly related to him being morbidly obese and his lifestyle. I guess I can get fat while eating a decent amount of sugar and salt and having reflux under control... I guess I could be relatively healthy... But I don't know if I should just go for it and do what I've always wanted to do if I'm so scared of the consequences and how could I take a first step. I'd like to gain eventually, maybe I don't have to go to the extreme of becoming a superchub and risking my own life... How can I know when I'm ready? For the gainers/feedees out there, how did you make up your mind? Thank you.
4 years

Some changes?
4 years

boundandfeed:
Some changes?

becomingoverweight:
I was just referring to sex hormone levels and leptin.

Between the obesity and lower sex hormone levels, the feeder controls
more than just weight gain. It starts to impact the feedees day-to-day sex life.
4 years

becomingoverweight:
Well I have good new for you, you can get fat while not risking your health. The body has two main fat deposits, subcutaneous fat and visceral fat. These fat deposits have extremely different effects on one's metabolic health when in excess. When someone gains a lot of visceral fat, their metabolic health starts to deteriorate and they might develop metabolic syndrome(diabetes, hypertension, chronic inflammation, etc.). Excess visceral fat makes the belly hard and protrude like a pot belly. Excess subcutaneous fat on the other hand is essentially harmless. It actually has protective effects regarding metabolic health! Excess subcutaneous makes people soft and jiggly all over their body. So you want to gain only subcutaneous fat and no visceral fat. I just posted some advice on how to do so in another thread.

Obesity will always have an effect on some of your hormones regardless of whether you have subcutaneous or visceral obesity. You'll have more aromatase due to having more adipocytes. The effect of that is you'll have less testosterone and more estrogen. You'll also develop hyperleptinima and leptin resistance due to having more body fat. The good news is that the few slight issues caused by hyperleptinima(like lowered bone mass density) are negated by the accompanying leptin resistance(which results in a higher bone mass density). So I wouldn't consider it a real issue. In short, the effects of subcutaneous obesity on the body won't make you sick or shorten your life. There will be some changes to your body but none which should really lower your quality of life.

Here's something which may interest you:
Compendium of Fat Studies

thank you very much, very interesting and inspiring. How much weight can a person gain and still remain metabolically healthy?
4 years