Food and recipes

Getting fat and staying healthy?

So a lot of problems associated to obesity have to do with the diet people have. Like diabetes and sugar or high blood preassure and sodium, and so on. So I was wondering, can you avoid those health issues while eating healthy but still gain weight and get fat?
4 years

faremol:
So a lot of problems associated to obesity have to do with the diet people have. Like diabetes and sugar or high blood preassure and sodium, and so on. So I was wondering, can you avoid those health issues while eating healthy but still gain weight and get fat?

well I guess age plays a role too
4 years

I would argue avoid junk food. Good solid whole foods just lots of it.
I use good hearty pasta’s, home made sweats that aren’t as high on sugar but have lots of good fats and creams.
Cooking for a feedee is a good way to be sure the food has lots of nutrients and isn’t just garbage
4 years

Whole grains, foods with more monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats than saturated fats, and *potentially* foods with phytoestrogens are helpful for gaining without accumulating high cholesterol or too much visceral fat. Definitely moderate sodium-rich foods. Also be ready to balance electrolytes with coconut water or the occasional energy drink just in case your diet is particularly dehydrating or you otherwise need more.

If you want to experiment, do so one experiment at a time. Maybe even reduce your other gaining meals until you understand how a new addition to your diet affects you. And if something seems incompatible with you, listen to your body and no one else.

Happy gaining!
4 years

Oh how did I miss this.

Keebler1987:
chugging heavy cream, also is a massive amount of cholesterol that can cause venous restrictions leading to high systolic blood pressure....

Also, compelling research links sleeping with lights and TV on to higher BMI. I can attest to this.

So add that to the list. Sleep with a nightlight... Or leave the TV on, even if nothing is playing, the ambient light will wreak havoc on your waistline without causing high blood pressure or other complications.

While I don't know exactly what the instantaneous effects of consuming a large amount of heavy cream at once is, I do know the long-term effect is reduced visceral fat, and the effects of that should lower LDL cholesterol and blood pressure.

Also, the reason those things with sleep cause weight gain is because they're stressors. They raise cortisol levels which in turn causes an increase in visceral fat. So those activities are good for visceral gains. So they'll wreak havoc on both your waistline and metabolic health.

aurasphere:
Whole grains, foods with more monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats than saturated fats, and *potentially* foods with phytoestrogens are helpful for gaining without accumulating high cholesterol or too much visceral fat.

becomingoverweight:
I'd just like to mention that omega-6 fatty acids tend to cause visceral gains and they also are usually the most common polyunsaturated fat in one's diet. Omega-3 fatty acids are good for subcutaneous gains though. Not going to get much of that without algal oil though. Also, long chain saturated fatty acids are good for reducing visceral fat.

An important detail to note that is often brought up on other forum posts is that gaining advice typically refers to the main additions one can make to their diet for their desired gains. It may become a headache to ensure specific fats, proteins, or refined grains make it into one's diet, so have fun with what you keep in your day-to-day diet, and enjoy the occasional splurge! What is feedism without a little reckless abandon?
4 years