Gaining

Psych meds

I gained 44 pounds on Remeron in a year. It was prescribed on insomnia, slight debression. I was taking it on 15mg - 22.5mg dosage at evening.

I think most of my gain went into my belly.

It increased my appetite greatly, helped me sleep and weight gain was really distinct side effect.

I stopped taking it because it made me feel tired, slow functioning.

After stopping taking the Remeron my appetite got back to normal and I started losing weight.
4 years

Psych meds

If you like to be lazy, eating machine and spend your day on tired non function state. I mean just laying around with huge hunger feeling, tired and without care I can recommend Remeron.

Also it will help with the weight gain. It lowers metabolism, increases appetite and make you feel numb.

That was my experience on trying that.

I think marihuana has same kind of effect. Never tried marihuana before.
4 years

Psych meds

FattyFat25:
I was prescribed remeron today. I am concerned about the sedation but I am excited for the weight gain! We shall see...

How'd you get that prescribed?
4 years

Psych meds

rexulti has made me an eating machine. from about 2k cals per day to about 4k. never full. craving constantly. this is gonna be funnnn
4 years

Psych meds

FattyFat25:
Has anybody gained weight from psych meds?

I have been prescribed many different psychiatric medications, but the only one that turned me into a bottomless eating machine was Risperdal. This was before I had committed to gaining, so I stopped taking it before I gained any real weight. Ironically, this was at my lowest adult weight (~120 lbs), and I remember my psychiatrist at the time commenting that I could stand to gain a few pounds...
...now, 115 lbs later at 235, he might have a different opinion (if he wasn’t retired.)

Obligatory side-note: Psychiatric medication is serious business, and should be the subject of careful consideration by the prescriber and the individual receiving it.
4 years

Psych meds

FattyFat25:
Has anybody gained weight from psych meds?

Frogman:
I have been prescribed many different psychiatric medications, but the only one that turned me into a bottomless eating machine was Risperdal. This was before I had committed to gaining, so I stopped taking it before I gained any real weight. Ironically, this was at my lowest adult weight (~120 lbs), and I remember my psychiatrist at the time commenting that I could stand to gain a few pounds...
...now, 115 lbs later at 235, he might have a different opinion (if he wasn’t retired.)

Obligatory side-note: Psychiatric medication is serious business, and should be the subject of careful consideration by the prescriber and the individual receiving it.

Something to note is that the Risperdal literature lists diabetes as a side effect.
4 years

Psych meds

I drank antipsychotics and antidepressants, and I still drink. Indeed, many of them increase weight, especially neuroptics
Specifically respiridon, triftazine, olanzapine and clozapine(I live in Russia, so the trade names may be different)
You can gain up to 20 kg per month and so on
2 years

Psych meds

Ursula:
I drank antipsychotics and antidepressants, and I still drink. Indeed, many of them increase weight, especially neuroptics
Specifically respiridon, triftazine, olanzapine and clozapine(I live in Russia, so the trade names may be different)

wow!
2 years

Psych meds

Mirtazapine...
9 months

Psych meds

Ursula:

Holly molly! That’s sick! Why gaining weight with meds intentionally? Better eat fattening foods!
9 months
123   loading