General

Introducing: new audio books feature

We are excited to introduce a new feature to Fantasy Feeder! šŸ˜šŸ„³šŸ¤©

You can now listen to Audio Book versions of our fat fiction stories uploaded by the many authors on our site. Simply go to the story section and click 'Listen to Audio Book' and you can either stream or download the audio file and listen to stories on the go!

You can enjoy listening to the first chapter of each story as a freebie! Yay! To get the full benefits of this new feature you can upgrade to listen to unlimited stories from beginning to end.

fantasyfeeder.com/upgrades

Let us know what you think!

FF Team
4 years
attachment

Seems like the audio books are just the text of the story passed through a text-to-speech thingy. Will authors be offered the ability to record their own audio books? If not, what's the benefit of paying for this over copy-pasting the article text into some speech tool?
4 years

Thanks for your feedback. Of course you could copy the text into your own speech synthesizer if you wish, but we've done it for you - plus it's using the latest and most advanced neural TTS voices on the web. This is just 'click and listen' - easy to do on mobile, so with your headphones in you can listen to the stories anywhere - on the bus, standing in the queue, wherever smiley

Having the author's read their own work would be nice, but too time consuming for us to set up and administer to release as a new feature. This way we can convert the text to speech automatically, every day as the stories are uploaded. I'm hoping in the coming days to get many more stories converted to audio, so keep looking back.

Also remember that this is an addition to the Fantasy upgrade, so you still get all the other features of unlimited pic, video and story viewing.

We've always trying to introduce new ideas and features because we want this to be the greastest feederism website in the universe! We want to continue setting the trend for our community.
4 years

I love this. Will more stories be audioised? I notice that only a few are so far.
4 years

Iā€™m sure it will be really weird to hear one of my stories in an American accent! I suppose itā€™ll be like ā€˜lost voice guyā€™, a comedian, who won ā€˜Britainā€™s got talentā€™ using a voice synthesiser to tell his jokes as he was unable to communicate normally. He comes from an area with a strong local dialect, yet his voice machine (whatever you call it) spoke in an American accent! He could choose the tone of his artificial voice, but he is currently campaigning to be able to choose his own regional accent, because he would identify with it better!
If you havenā€™t seen him perform, Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be YouTube videos of him.
My next story might be full of local words to try and confuse the computer with pronunciation! Satnav woman pronounces local place names wrong all the time! Ha ha!
4 years

The Sunday Post (a Scottish newspaper) publishes a ā€˜fun sectionā€™, and has done for over 50 years. In the fun section there are two cartoon strips. One of them is called ā€˜the Broonsā€™ and the other is called ā€˜oor Wullieā€™. However, the pictorial stories are written in Scots. For instance ā€œjings, help ma boab! Letā€™s awa to the but an Benā€ says paw Broon to the bairn.
It sounds fine in your own head when you read it. I grew up with them - my dad still has to have their annual every Christmas and he is over 80!
I have no problem understanding the stories... but if you hear someone who is not Scottish read the stories out aloud, it sounds really weird!
ā€œWullie has jist taken his wee carty awa up the brae.ā€ Says maw, to Wee Eck.
4 years

hiccupx:
Thanks for your feedback. Of course you could copy the text into your own speech synthesizer if you wish...

EasternDweller:
Is this implying that you can upload your own audio file?

No, it's just something you could do on your own PC if you wanted to spend the time.
4 years

hurgon:
I love this. Will more stories be audioised? I notice that only a few are so far.

I'd like yours to be, if you ever finish it!
4 years

How are stories selected/permitted to be made into audio?
3 years

It's those that appear at the top of the listings.
3 years