Extreme obesity

Decline in fitness

Nothing too scientific, but I was measuring my runs times before I started gaining. I was on sub 20min 5ks.

Since I've gained around 20lbs of fat, which is a small gain it seems in this community, I'm struggling to get below a 30min run time.

Even when I started gaining and gained about 5lbs, my time went up to about 25mins, though it could be due to the heavy cream going through my body at the time!

Fitness nosedives really quickly. I have read that some people got their fitness back quickly, but it didn't happen for me. Then again, many people have found it hard to gain, and I have not. So maybe I am just a natural fatty !
8 months

Decline in fitness

Jd00723:
Nothing too scientific, but I was measuring my runs times before I started gaining. I was on sub 20min 5ks.

Since I've gained around 20lbs of fat, which is a small gain it seems in this community, I'm struggling to get below a 30min run time.

Even when I started gaining and gained about 5lbs, my time went up to about 25mins, though it could be due to the heavy cream going through my body at the time!

Fitness nosedives really quickly. I have read that some people got their fitness back quickly, but it didn't happen for me. Then again, many people have found it hard to gain, and I have not. So maybe I am just a natural fatty !

I am curious. Do you still eat unhealthy when you go running? You're 31, so your metabolism should start to naturally slow down. So if you are doing things like guzzling heavy cream, or eating high calorie food without any weight training, your fitness isn't going to just bounce back.
8 months

Decline in fitness

Jd00723:

Munchies:
I am curious. Do you still eat unhealthy when you go running? You're 31, so your metabolism should start to naturally slow down. So if you are doing things like guzzling heavy cream, or eating high calorie food without any weight training, your fitness isn't going to just bounce back.

So I’ve more or less returned to a somewhat healthy diet, no longer gaining. I’ve been focusing more on weight training, but since gaining weight I’ve felt very unmotivated to run. But when I was thinner I used to run all the time.
8 months

Decline in fitness

Jd00723:

Munchies:

Jd00723:
So I’ve more or less returned to a somewhat healthy diet, no longer gaining. I’ve been focusing more on weight training, but since gaining weight I’ve felt very unmotivated to run. But when I was thinner I used to run all the time.

Yup, that would do it.

Even if you don't get back into running, you need to do some level of cardio.
8 months

Decline in fitness

Jd00723:

Munchies:

Jd00723:

Munchies:
Yup, that would do it.

Even if you don't get back into running, you need to do some level of cardio.

Yes good advice. Still doing some running a few times a week, but not seeing much improvement on my time.
8 months

Decline in fitness

I really stopped doing any sort of exercise about two years ago. I am trying to be a little more active. Today I had access to a treadmill so I decided to try a 15 minute walk/jog. I jogged for about 90 seconds. Just the brisk walk alone had me out of breath. By the end my heart was pounding so loud in my ears that's all I could hear. As if I didn't already know I am officially fat now. lol
3 months

Decline in fitness

Are they talking about running or walking in the extreme obesity section? With a little luck and a lot of help, I can get out of bed and take two steps before collapsing to catch my breath.
How many people can walk with more than 600 pounds?
3 months

Decline in fitness

2cute2b4gotten:
I really stopped doing any sort of exercise about two years ago. I am trying to be a little more active. Today I had access to a treadmill so I decided to try a 15 minute walk/jog. I jogged for about 90 seconds. Just the brisk walk alone had me out of breath. By the end my heart was pounding so loud in my ears that's all I could hear. As if I didn't already know I am officially fat now. lol

Just 90 seconds, seriously? I would've loved to see this.
3 months

Decline in fitness

The last time i did exercise is way over 7 years ago, and over 70 Kgs ago😅

Im so easily out of breath now 😅
Like im wheesing and gasping for air after going upstairs to my bedroom,😅
Its getting worse the fatter and lazier i get, i think its a very good reminder om how fat im getting 😅🤤
3 months

Decline in fitness

If you keep your bedroom upstairs then you will at least keep that level of fitness. However it sounds like you'd be better not having to climb the stairs.
3 months
123   loading