Lifestyle tips

Resizing jewelry, rings in particular? experiences?

I wasn't sure if this should fit into the Lifestyle, or the Gaining message board. I went with this one, since this could be a problem even for those who aren't trying to gain on purpose.

So, there's often a bit of talk about outgrowing clothes and having to upgrade to the next size up. In a way, this makes sense since upon gaining weight, the most substantial differences are for clothes.

But, I almost never read about having to adjust ring size.

I think one of my rings will have to be readjusted now, possibly as a result of weight gain. I've had to move it to my pinky, as it causes discomfort from pinching some blood vessels. I fear at some point it might cause gangrene (NSFW/NSF-Life warning if you look it up) unless I resize it.

So I guess I'm wondering... with a resize, how much more weight might I be able to gain before I'd have to resize again?

BBW and BHM typically have soft sausage fingers, but they usually aren't all that much thicker than that of the hand of someone of similar height who is fairly skinny, from what I've noticed.

What are your experiences on this?
4 years

eats:
I stopped wearing my ring because it is too tight. I want to get it resized

I don't know about there but where I am, there's a shopping mall nearby with a shop that will resize rings and they want $50 for it. Does it while I wait (unless they're busy with another job ), and it takes about half an hour. Just a thought.

I'm assuming Philadelphia is large enough to have a shop like that locally.

Watch out for jewelry stores though. Some of them don't have the ability to resize on site, and it takes too long for them to ship it to the service center, do it, and get it back. Call ahead if you aren't certain the place can resize on site.
4 years

My ring has always been a little tight since the wedding but it's gotten tighter over the last year to the point that I had to bring it up to my husband last night. I felt a little embarrassed to bring it up (I'm not a feedee, so this wasn't wanted).

He told me his has always been a little looser than he wanted.

We came to the realisation that we had mixed up our matching rings at the wedding. We swapped last night and I'm glad I don't have to worry about resizing it!
4 years