General

The covid calorie caravan

Sitting here working from home and have got through about 300g of peanuts (1800 cals) this morning so expect to gain a fair bit over the quarantine. Hopefully the supermarket will have some cream when I go there (I'm trying to reduce shopping trips to minimise risk).
4 years

WaistingAway:
The less you do, the lazier you get. It's a feedback loop. I went outside to move my patio furniture (it's the only safe place I can be and still enjoy some fresh air) and just moving the chairs around got me winded.

Then I had to take my laundry up the stairs and I stopped half way up to rest.

I didn't know you could get out of shape so fast![/quote]

Isn't that the truth! I gain fast and can't get over how tired I get over (what used to be) the easiest things!
4 years

Proud2bme, you are sexier than ever! Simply amazing!
4 years

WaistingAway:
You do realize the grocery stores don't have any shortages, don't you? What you eat up you can replenish.

ContemplatingChubster:
Working at a grocery store in the midwest, I can confirm this. However, it could be possible that there are disruptions in the food supply chain. Certainly some workers who are in the food industry have been furloughed or laid off—we probably just haven’t heard if it. I bet if this continues for a prolonged period of time (~2-3 months) that there will be some shortages.

I suspect that the supply chain disruption is going to be minimal on food since most of it is domestic sourced. Most people are going to experience the Wuhan Virus much like a cold and go back to work no wiser.

The two issues with this virus is the impact on those already unwell, and in places with high population density (NY especially) it spreads so fast everyone gets it at the same time, overwhelming the hospitals.

In "flyover country" where most food is sourced and most manufacturing takes place, the actions the governors are taking is a bigger impact on production than the virus is.
4 years

I stocked up on roasted cashews. While the stores restock, and the stores typically restock, people panic-bought all of the non-perishables, including nuts. *sigh,* I hope those nuts go into making those other people as fat as I'm going to get!
4 years

slopfatjim:
well if there is a food shortage, they may decide to lock all the fat people up so there is enough for the regular people to eat, image being locked up for being fat stuck on a 800 cal liquid diet until further notice!

if there aint enough space they could

Make it illegal to sell food to fat people
wire there teeth together etc...

u never know the knock on the door could be coming
HORRORS!!!
4 years

Jenevivecurious:
Excuse me but you said 300g of peanuts!? That's a lot of calories, so how did you eat the peanuts, did you finish them in one sitting or spread them out through out the day?
I've been thinking of eating a cup each day to increases gains but I'm scared if my childhood allergies of nuts will come back and haunt me. What do I do?

I put the peanuts in two cups and snack on them fairly continuously whilst working. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is really showing results now and I'll be updating my profile soon.
I think you need to be careful if you may have allergy issues. Start low maybe and work up to it.
3 years

I have absolutely everything delivered to me and really the only thing I get out of bed for (tv in bedroom luckily) is to answer door, use the toilet or go into kitchen. I honestly get tired just getting out of bed or walking to the kitchen.

All I eat are deliveries and ready made meals and a ton of snacks I have surrounding my bed. It is like heaven smiley
3 years

Charlotte7:

All I eat are deliveries and ready made meals and a ton of snacks I have surrounding my bed. It is like heaven smiley

It shows smiley
3 years

Charlotte7:

Handsomeandsoft:
It shows smiley

totally blushing
3 years