Gaining

The goal or the journey?

For those who have a weight gain goal: what is more important to you? The goal or the journey? (If a magic spell could instantly fatten you up to your goal weight, would you use it?)

Are there any in-between? Where both are equally arousing? Or 10% goal 90% journey? Or vice versa?
4 years

The goal or the journey?

I guess for me, it's been more about the journey than the destination.

I suppose sometimes I wonder what I would actually look like if I could, for example, gain 50+ lbs overnight so I'm left guessing. There are these body visualizers but they can't be accurate as folks carry weight in different areas. So, I guess there's only one way to find out!

So yeah, observing the slow changes of expansion, quarter inch by quarter inch, centimeter by centimeter, inch by inch. Seeing the number on the scale slowly increase pound by pound. Needing slightly larger quantities just to feel satisfied. Noticing some clothes getting ever tighter, trying to anticipate when I need to upgrade to the next size to avoid a double belly (some folks like that idea, I don't), or other milestones.

I can't say for sure if I will necessarily meet a particular goal, or if I will overshoot it, or if I'll set another goal when I get close to reaching the current one. Every time I have achieved a goal or got close, I set a new goal. I don't know at what point I'd like to stop.

I do feel a sense of satisfaction and achievement when I reach a goal, but so far each time I do I want more.
4 years

The goal or the journey?

I do have my goals but, for me, gaining is definitely about the journey. I would not use the magic spell that instantly fattens me up.

I enjoy the experience of gaining, and learning how to navigate through life with a fatter, heavier body. It's exciting to feel my clothes get tighter, and to feel my body get softer. It's also challenging to do things that used to be easy when I was thinner. Even those challenges add to the experience, and force me to re-think how I do things.
3 years