General

Can i get an "amen"?

Sorry to be so harsh, but this screamed like a scam right at the beginning.

And she's been likely doing it with dozens of other guys at the same time.

"She" might not even be a young women, or not even a woman, the pics and videos might have been downloaded from somewhere.

It happens a lot outside of this community as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_scam
4 years

Can i get an "amen"?

One part of me thinks 'poor bloke, he's obviously been taken advantage of'.
Other part of me thinks 'gullible bloke, serves him right'.
Maybe I'm too tight, but I'd never just send money to anyone online. I have to buy my own food, and I work hard for the money.
4 years

Can i get an "amen"?

“10, 20, 30 thousand dollars”

You’d think if you’d sank such an exorbitant amount of money into somebody that you’d remember the actual figure.

Sounds fake, but ok
4 years

Can i get an "amen"?

fat:
“10, 20, 30 thousand dollars”

You’d think if you’d sank such an exorbitant amount of money into somebody that you’d remember the actual figure.

Sounds fake, but ok

WaistingAway:
If I’d had the presence of mind to keep a careful account I probably would have had to go through this.

So strange that I would be accused of fakery — it is actually one of the most honest things I’ve ever posted. I owned up to something that I’ve generally hid or minimized.

But, I see that there aren’t too many people here who are interested in that much candor, so you can all simply ignore what I’ve said. I would probably have been better off keeping it to myself.

I must have been naive to imagine that someone here would be willing to share their own difficulties. You all seem to want to pretend that you’re too good, and too wise to get into trouble or to be victimized by a scam.

Well good luck to you all, enjoy your perfect lives!

How do you pump thousands of dollars into someone and NOT know you're being scammed?

I know you're looking for sympathy but you definitely deserve the "you're an idiot" comments too.

If someone is asking for large sums of money, say no. If they dont immediately block you, then maybe they're for real.
4 years