Lifestyle tips

Weight gain advice

so ive decided to put on around 30 pounds. i’m 18yo male 5’9” and i’m roughly 155 pounds. although last i checked was around christmas. i also eat like a pig, but don’t eat anything really before 3:00. i don’t seem to gain weight. as of recently i feel softer but i don’t have a scale to check. i have concluded either way i need to gain 30 pounds. i smoke a lot of weed so i figure if i quit that for now my metabolism will slow right down because i smoke a lot of weed like before and after every meal lol. i’d also eat a lot more cause i’m bored. thoughts on how long it would take to reach my goal?
4 years

Weight gain advice

The not eating until later in the day is anecdotal. The majority of data suggests that people hanging weight tend to eat a lot at any time.

If you're trying to slow your metabolism you would need to go a prolonged number of days on a highly calorie restricted diet which can have health risks if not done correctly.

Far better to eat often and keep eating lots that way you can ensure you have a high enough calorie intake so.your body has something to store.

Also consider cycling your diet patterns if you plateau.
4 years

Weight gain advice

NolanHarrison:
so ive decided to put on around 30 pounds. i’m 18yo male 5’9” and i’m roughly 155 pounds. although last i checked was around christmas. i also eat like a pig, but don’t eat anything really before 3:00. i don’t seem to gain weight. as of recently i feel softer but i don’t have a scale to check. i have concluded either way i need to gain 30 pounds. i smoke a lot of weed so i figure if i quit that for now my metabolism will slow right down because i smoke a lot of weed like before and after every meal lol. i’d also eat a lot more cause i’m bored. thoughts on how long it would take to reach my goal?

becomingoverweight:
You probably don't eat as much as you think you do. Find out your TDEE and count your calories to see if you're overeating and by how much. The more you overeat by, the more you gain. 7937 calories is about a kg of body fat. Also, what makes you think weed affects metabolism? I've only heard it increases hunger.

Also, what kind of fat distribution do you want? Do you want a soft body brimming with excess subcutaneous fat? A hard, visceral fat filled beer belly? Or a mix of those?

i would be going for a bigger, softer belly. and will take whatever comes with it. i say weed affects metabolism because when i started smoking weed i instantly started losing a lot of weight for some reason. essentially i’m trying to gain back the weight i lost.
4 years

Weight gain advice

Or just eat to glorious wanton excess so that the only question is if you had 2000 excess calories per day or 3000!
4 years

Weight gain advice

True, documentation and data can be fun ... but gluttony can be too!
4 years