General

I can only fall asleep at night on a stuffed stomach. is anyone else like this?

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that it's incredibly hard for me to fall asleep at night. I need to stuff myself with fatty and sugary foods right before sleeping in order to be comfortable enough to fall asleep.

Is this normal? Does anyone else experience this?
4 years

I used to be like that! It’s like your body and mind has gotten accustomed to the fullness feeling before bed, and can’t go to bed hungry.

Lately for me I’ll stuff myself before bed but I can’t overdo it, as I would be awake for a while.
4 years

Do you feel extra hungry in the morning too? Somehow I'm more hungry in the morning if I go to bed stuffed.
4 years

Oh yes! Being stuffed is like a bedtime ritual. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night ready for a second weight gain shake! And yes, I often wake up with a ravenous appetite. Sometimes though, I feel contented enough until brunch. But that's not as good as having the appetite to begin stuffing yourself from the beginning of the day!
4 years

I tend to overdo it at night - milk and cookies dipped in peanut butter before bed is my favorite.

When my belly gets really full, it gurgles a bit. Hubby takes that as his cue to rub my belly and tease me about how big I’m getting.

I’m sure you can imagine where that leads, and why I have no desire to stop my nighttime snacking.
4 years

I just take melatonin or just some horse tranquilizers because I can't fall asleep to save my life. That or I need to stay up an absurd amount of time, then I maybe sleep a few hours.
4 years