General

Feedback required - validating accounts

Hi all,

As you know, here at Fantasy Feeder we're always trying to improve, so you get the best experience using our website.

We have been contacted by a lot by members, who feel concerned about the majority of users that seem to be only using the site to promote their own personal paid for services.

They have felt that trying to find a genuine person to date, meet, or chat with is becoming harder and harder with the increase in users, that are only here to possibly exploit our website, and membership base for monetary gain.

We have been thinking about how to improve the site in a way that makes it easier for like minded members to find each other. So we have thought about the idea of validating profiles, but we would like your input before we start implementing any major changes.

Would you find this sort of feature helpful?

Look forward to hearing your opinions on this.

Thanks!

c00kie
FF Team
4 years

We've considered two types of validation so far that might be useful but would love to hear your feedback. These are:

* Verify that users are who they claim to be, to reduce fake profiles. This would work in the same way as it does on many sites, where the members publishes a pic of themselves holding a sign saying 'fantasy feeder'

* Perhaps more controversially - verify that users aren't trying to sell something or asking for money. So long as there's nothing to suggest otherwise in their profile or posts, we'll verify the profile, however if we see or hear otherwise, we'll remove the verification.

Verified members would have a badge shown on their profile and could be searched for. Whilst there's nothing wrong with trying to earn money online, the idea is to try to improve friendships/dating/conversation by highlighting those people genuinely interested in the fetish.

Post your thoughts/comments/suggestions below.
4 years

The problem is, is that too many people skirt the rules. They may not be saying they are selling content directly, but comments like, "looking for someone generous." Or, "If you help me, I'll help you." or "I can't afford to gain weight." Or "looking for a daddy." There has to be a way of separating the people who are looking for chat, friendship, or dates from those who think that FF is like Uber, a place to pick up income.
4 years

This question cannot be answered if you don't tell what you mean by "validation".

Is that people advertising their services need validations?

There are many people who are merely posting stories and don't want to show their faces. What about them? Will they be banned or discouraged?
4 years

As an asexual I don't really care one way the the other. I come for the forum and stories so the dating aspect or the monetary aspect do not affect me and so I don't really want profile validation especially via photos of myself. The point of me being here is for people irl to not know.
4 years

hiccupx:
We've considered two types of validation so far that might be useful but would love to hear your feedback. These are:

* Verify that users are who they claim to be, to reduce fake profiles. This would work in the same way as it does on many sites, where the members publishes a pic of themselves holding a sign saying 'fantasy feeder'

* Perhaps more controversially - verify that users aren't trying to sell something or asking for money. So long as there's nothing to suggest otherwise in their profile or posts, we'll verify the profile, however if we see or hear otherwise, we'll remove the verification.

Verified members would have a badge shown on their profile and could be searched for. Whilst there's nothing wrong with trying to earn money online, the idea is to try to improve friendships/dating/conversation by highlighting those people genuinely interested in the fetish.

Post your thoughts/comments/suggestions below.

clive2007:
To part 1 - as you say, this procedure is being used already to verify certain members, holding up something that validates that they are a real member, and this can certainly confirm things like age (although anything proving that would I imagine have to be sent in privately, can't have pics of drivers licences or passports being made public) - yet this would prove they are a "real person" - it wouldn't stop them from then going on to post details about running paid services etc and so on.

To part 2 where physically checking a profile on joining FF to make sure paid services or otherwise asking for money in return for something isn't being posted would work in the interim, but they could then start making such posts after being validated - yet you do say that you'd remove validation (presumably through policing) if such posts were made.

I'd say a third possible option, so that we could include posters who do have paid services to be able to feel included would be to maybe enhance point 2 and include an extra tier of membership reserved for those that have paid services which would mean that they would be paying (via subscription) for the privilege of advertising externally.

If they joined under that tier, and subsequently canceled this subscription down the road, then they would then still be subject to the second option where profiles/posts would be checked for illegal content.

Clive

This is what immediately came to mind for me as well. Two different membership types: General, and Professional. General memberships may pay for site packages, or not, like normal. Professional memberships must pay, but maybe they get perk packages, such as a new banner space where the site rotates through the professional membership profiles or something. The fact is, when you make something against the rules without creating an outlet, people just find ways to go around it. Always. That's what black markets are. Where there's demand, such as demand for advertising space, there will be a market and there will be people willing to do anything to get it. It may be that the only answer is by hitting them in their pocketbooks, lol. By creating a authorized avenue for professional memberships, you will incentive everyone that does obey the rules to flag everyone that doesn't.

But the problem always will loop back to the fact that a banned profile is not a banned person or agency. And the only answer to that, aside from ineffectually banning IPs, is to force people to show ID if they want to have an account here. Now, this sounds rough, but the truth is, the site is not completely blocked - there is content that is viewable to anyone without an account. But if anyone that is able to make a profile or message or post is registered and verified, it will solve most problems, while still leaving an avenue for people that, for whatever reason, can't or won't register, by still having (albeit very limited) site access.
4 years

Thank you to all those getting involved in this discussion, your feedback really is appreciated.

In regards to the way validation would work, we can work out those kinks as and when developed. Anyone who had been validated and then turned out to be someone selling content would simply have the validation removed from their profile. This would be a matter of mod spot checks, and reporting from you guys using the abuse report tool.

Anyway the main question really we want answered...

Is this a feature that you want, or feel is needed on the site?

Or are you happy with how things currently are, maybe it's not a big an issue as we have been led to believe?
4 years

I like it how it is
4 years

FF Team:
Hi all,

As you know, here at Fantasy Feeder we're always trying to improve, so you get the best experience using our website.

We have been contacted by a lot by members, who feel concerned about the majority of users that seem to be only using the site to promote their own personal paid for services.

They have felt that trying to find a genuine person to date, meet, or chat with is becoming harder and harder with the increase in users, that are only here to possibly exploit our website, and membership base for monetary gain.

We have been thinking about how to improve the site in a way that makes it easier for like minded members to find each other. So we have thought about the idea of validating profiles, but we would like your input before we start implementing any major changes.

Would you find this sort of feature helpful?

Look forward to hearing your opinions on this.

Thanks!

c00kie
FF Team

FF Team:
Thank you to all those getting involved in this discussion, your feedback really is appreciated.

In regards to the way validation would work, we can work out those kinks as and when developed. Anyone who had been validated and then turned out to be someone selling content would simply have the validation removed from their profile. This would be a matter of mod spot checks, and reporting from you guys using the abuse report tool.

Anyway the main question really we want answered...

Is this a feature that you want, or feel is needed on the site?

Or are you happy with how things currently are, maybe it's not a big an issue as we have been led to believe?

This issues you've brought up are real ones, and I see people complaining about related issues on a very regular basis. A fix, such as the ones you and others have mentioned, will likely be appreciated and endorsed by many people on this site. I am one of them. Even though I do not have a picture of my face up publicly, I would be willing to submit some kind of proof of identity to the admins.
4 years

becomingoverweight:
Are you guys planning to do anything about the scam bots?

Naaaa, we will just let them run rampant on the site! Haha kidding!

Believe you me, we are well and truly aware of the spambot accounts and are working hard to not only delete the accounts when they appear but also put more measures in place to stop the sign ups.

We have tackled this issue multiple times, but unfortunately keep being targeted by these people. Once we put the things in place to automatically spot these accounts and delete them, they then change and adapt and we then have to keep doing the same. Hopefully at some point they will get fed up of having to think of new ways to create accounts and naff off somewhere else.

It's extremely frustrating for us as mods and for everyone that uses the site. So we do apologise for this but bear with us while we continue to battle on with this one.

In the meantime, you can help by reporting the accounts to us using the abuse report flag on their profiles and include any links to messages you have been sent.

Thanks.
4 years
12   loading