Gaining

How much have you gained in quarantine?

Just bought a scale. Since the beginning of this virus I have gained TEN pounds!
3 years

About 10 pounds too, proud to say.
3 years

I have gained around 35lbs, after a whole life of being super skinny! Big change!
3 years

I’m at 18 lbs now, most of which has settled in my belly and hips
3 years

Before this week, about 10 lbs and I was a size 10-12.
Now I have no idea what size I am because nothing fits, and that’s if I even get dressed.
3 years

Ive lost 6lbs. The wife has gained 13,
3 years

I've gained 28 pounds since quarentine started. I feel so much bigger. From 194 to 222 pounds. I feel huge, most of my clothes are getting tight, my centering of gravity shifted to my belly, and now walking is much slower.
3 years

annabelly:
Anybody else nervous about seeing people you haven't seen since the quarantine started? So many of my friends have no idea I gained weight. 😧

LilRascl
Honesty, like, 98%!of the time I’m a confident, happy, and an overall badass *** with the super power to ignore diet culture and mainstream body ideals. But a lot of that‘s come from having gained my weight intentionally, and with thoughtful decision making along the way.
I haven’t had time to prepare my ego for the potential reactions, or rehearse a decent excuse I can put into a witty quip at my expense, that’ll let me take the piss out of myself while preempting then from sharing those reactions...
my advice is to come up with those 2 things and you might have some semblance of a plan..?? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

Update! I can almost safely forget about all this since it looks likely that I’ll be working from home through possibly all of 2020.

Not the best news for “work me”, but “fat me” sees the perks 😉 thank goodness I get to put off getting back in acceptable shape for walking about and standing for longer stretches than the time it takes me to make a meal! I’m beyond unfit now, and currently 20lbs heavier since lockdown ☺️
3 years

annabelly:
Anybody else nervous about seeing people you haven't seen since the quarantine started? So many of my friends have no idea I gained weight. 😧

LilRascl
Honesty, like, 98%!of the time I’m a confident, happy, and an overall badass *** with the super power to ignore diet culture and mainstream body ideals. But a lot of that‘s come from having gained my weight intentionally, and with thoughtful decision making along the way.
I haven’t had time to prepare my ego for the potential reactions, or rehearse a decent excuse I can put into a witty quip at my expense, that’ll let me take the piss out of myself while preempting then from sharing those reactions...
my advice is to come up with those 2 things and you might have some semblance of a plan..?? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

LilRascl:
Update! I can almost safely forget about all this since it looks likely that I’ll be working from home through possibly all of 2020.

Not the best news for “work me”, but “fat me” sees the perks 😉 thank goodness I get to put off getting back in acceptable shape for walking about and standing for longer stretches than the time it takes me to make a meal! I’m beyond unfit now, and currently 20lbs heavier since lockdown ☺️
Yeah, I got similar news today. I work mostly at a college campus and they are doing everything virtual for the rest of the year and folks know my appetite so I expect to be much heavier between now and January.
3 years

I’ve put on about 15 pounds. I didn’t really gain much in the first two months, but it really accelerated recently and my new belly fat is making my head spin.

So I’ve made a pact with the devil and committed to put on 28 pounds over the course of July and August.
3 years
23456   loading